Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Particle Systems not Batching

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Rob-Madden, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Rob-Madden

Rob-Madden

Hi all, hoping someone here can help with an issue I am experiencing related to Particle Systems and Dynamic Batching.

Currently I am unable to get duplicate Particle Systems to be dynamically batched. I have set up a simple test scene with two identical emitters (duplicates of each other) that share the same material. They are each firing one particle a second and they loop. The material is a basic unlit material with an 8x8 white texture, no alpha. I am well under the vert limit for Dynamic Batching (4 verts per emitter), dynamic batching is checked on in settings and we are using forward rendering, however no batching is taking place.

Each emitter causes one batch and this increases by one every time the emitter is duplicated.

I am lead to believe via the Unity doc found here that Dynamic Batching of Particle Systems is achievable so I must be doing something wrong.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks very much,

Rob

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

We will update the docs, looks like we missed that when we moved to multi threading the particle system.