Search Unity

Particle Systems and Invalid AABB

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SparrowGS, Jan 23, 2021.

1. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

I have a huge world, when the player moves though it and he is more then 1000 units away from global (0,0,0) and move everything so that the player will be at (0,0,0) globally again.

The world is contained inside one game object that is what moves and everything treats the position relative to it as "global" space.

I hope i explained how that works okay.

anyways, the particle systems are a childs of said game object and are set to work in custom simulation space referencing said root object.
    particles are emitted using the .Emit() function.

it worked fine for a week and then it started popping up while I was working on something else, i've confirmed it only happens when the particle system are active and emitting but the errors don't point to anything specific.

I get this two:
    "Invalid worldAABB. Object is too large or too far away from the origin."
    "Invalid localAABB. Object transform is corrupt."

then a short pause sometime

"Invalid AABB a" is printed twice

again a short pause sometimes and then

"Assertion failed on expression: 'IsFinite(outDistanceForSort)'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"
    "Assertion failed on expression: 'IsFinite(outDistanceAlongView)'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

and it repeats as long as the particle systems are active, but not constantly spamming, something triggers it.
    any help would be appreciated. :)

and hilariously but quite expectedly, the problem seems to have fixed itself while I'm asking for help but i'm sure it'll pop up again in no time.

edit: just let the game run overnight (it's an ecosim) and the error didn't show once.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  2. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

So this problem keeps popping up everytime I recompile my scripts, and it goes away after a while.
    The scripts i'm working on are all AI logic that isn't related to any unity system what so ever.

What is this?

3. DeeCeptor

DeeCeptor

I think I have the same problem with a large world and a particle system displaying particles spread out over large distances.

Did you ever find a solution?