Search Unity

Particle System Trail Glitch

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by MousePods, Aug 29, 2020.

1. MousePods

MousePods

Hi,

I found a bug with the particle system. I don't know which forum to post this in as there isn't a dedicated particle system forum. Also, bug reporter never sends my bugs anymore. It stops at packing.

Issue:

I am using the Particle System Trail to create a trail behind my player. I have a constant force on the player. When the player hits the corner of a block that is above them, the trail will often glitch at the start of the trail. However, if the block they hit is a solid wall, it won't.

I know this is confusing so I posted a video of it. https://imgur.com/a/Ygd6SVS - The first video is not glitched. It is a solid wall. The second video is glitched. Keep watching until you see the trail behind the ball get warped.

Also, I posted the package. - Press spacebar to restart the level.

Play the level as is to see the glitch when you hit block. Then, enable "DOESNT MESS UP WITH ME ON" GameObject and see the trail never glitch.

Is there anyone I can contact as to why my bug reporter isn't working? It has been awhile since it was working, and I am always on the latest version of Unity.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. MousePods

MousePods

Any devs that can take a peek?

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Could you please file a bug report.
    Are you trying to send a large project with the bug reporter? Does it work with a small project?

4. MousePods

MousePods

It is a small project. I just made a new one, added a few small assets (scripts, sprites). I tried it again, this time using the Unity Hub bug reporter, and it seems to have gone through. Maybe it is because I sent a unity package.

Here is the case number: 1275386

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    richardkettlewell and karl_jones like this.
  5. MousePods

MousePods

Hi,

It has been awhile, and I am just following up on this issue. I was just wondering if a fix is in the works?

Thanks!

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Sorry we have no fix at the moment. It's in a very delicate area of code that is hard to change without breaking other behaviours.
    It's still being looked at along with several other line renderer issues.

MousePods likes this.
  7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

MousePods likes this.
  8. MousePods

MousePods

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

karl_jones likes this.
  9. MousePods

MousePods

Hey!

I tested the issue in 2021.2.0b1 and unfortunatly it still isn't fixed. However, the bug report says it's fixed.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1275386/

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Alic and chrismarch like this.
  10. MousePods

MousePods

@karl_jones

It has been over half a year, just wondering if there is any movement on this bug?

IN-3235