Search Unity

Particle system related error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ArachnidAnimal, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

The following error appeared in console and log file when running in playmode.
    It must be related to a particle system.
    This is the first time I've seen this error

Assertion failed on expression: 'all(sheetIndexNormalized >= 0.0f) && all(sheetIndexNormalized <= 1.0f)'
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystemGeometryJob.cpp Line: 1190)

Does anyone know what this error means?
    I'm using Unity 2017.1.1f1

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Sounds like maybe an issue with the uv texture Module? Have you upgraded unity version? Maybe something didn't upgrade correctly.

By the way if you use the Particles tag in forum posts the particle team gets notified ;)

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Sorry I should have made it clear, i`m part of the particle team :)
    I just happened to notice the post but in the future using the particles tag means it should not get missed.
    It does look like an issue with the UV Module. Did you upgrade Unity version recently?

ArachnidAnimal likes this.
  4. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Thanks for responding to this thread. (I added the "particles" tag to the thread).
    I have not upgraded Unity for many months. The error just appeared during one session, and hasn't returned since. I can't seem to re-produce the error again.
    If it happens again, I will re-evaluate all of the UV Modules.
    Thanks for the suggestion of what to focus on regarding this error.

karl_jones likes this.
  5. Tarball

Tarball

I just got the same error in 2017.3.0f3. It was a new project -- not one in an updated version.

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Please file a bug report so we can investigate. The more info the better.

7. artysta

artysta

This error just popped up for me for the first time. Using latest 2017.3.1p1

8. d_pointeer

d_pointeer

We are currently experiencing this issue in 2017.3.1p2 . The issue occurs on loading into and out of our game from our front end (which will load and unload several sprite sheet textures each iteration for hud elements etc), but only on the 3rd time of us loading into the game, but always at this time. This causes on editor builds lots of error spam but continued operation, on XBoxOne it causes an access violation and hard crashes. Since the error message is so non descriptive (no call stack, no index counts, no index it tried to access) its extremely difficult to work out which asset could be the root of the error, especially since they all seem to work multiple times before eventually causing a failure.

9. GreenCubeGames

GreenCubeGames

2018.3.13f1 get this error

10. Neoroid

Neoroid

2017.4.30f1 get this error

11. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Please file a bug report.

12. Neoroid

Neoroid

2017.4.32f1 get this error.
    Plz Fix it!!
    just Error in console. i can't find where error is comming

13. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Please file a bug report. We need something to work with. We can't fix the bug from the error message, we need to know what's causing it to happen and for that we need a bug report with a project that has this error included.