Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Particle System on Oculus Hands doesn't inherit velocity

Discussion in 'VR' started by Oasis-Hurler, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Oasis-Hurler

Oasis-Hurler

I have a particle system shooting energy from my player's hands / controllers.
    It looks awesome when they're not moving around.
    But when they use the joystick to walk around, it becomes obvious their velocity is not added to the particles'.

I ticked on inherit velocity, but no such luck.
    Maybe it's because I have such a parented setup?
    Like the player is the parent of an OVRCameraRig, which is the parent of a OVRInteraction, which has hands, and then they have hand visuals and they have the particle systems...

I tried diving in and figuring out how to add the player's rigidbody.velocity to each particle as it was created, but that seems impossibly complicated.

I'd appreciate any wisdom, and or guidance as this is a main feature for my team's project.

Thanks.

P.S.
    I found a few threads similar to this, but I thought I'd just go ahead and show my exact scenario and give updates as I find a solution.