Search Unity

Particle System not working on Oculus Go

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by IRALTA, Apr 26, 2019.

1. IRALTA

IRALTA

Hello, I'm using Unity 2019.1.0f1 with LWRP 5.7.2 to do an app to Oculus GO.

It worked very fine but when I put a particle system the app became to crash.
    Then I've done some test and I found that, when I use the LWRP on Oculus GO is when it begin to fail.
    When I see the first frame that will render the particle, the app stop rendering any other frame.
    I tryied on a simple Android and Gear VR and it works with the same APK that doesn't work in Oculus GO.

Do anyone knows what's happening?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. IRALTA

IRALTA

The real problem is using Particle System. I've tryied a 3D object with the shader that I was using for particles and it works but, when I put a Particle System with no emission it stop rendering.

3. francescoStrada

francescoStrada

Same problem here. It used to work in Unity 2018.3 since I updated, it stopped working. Application instantly crashes as soon as any particle effect is enabled (even the default one). I have tried both with LWRP enabled and without but it crashes with no error messages in the log, simply states that the application has died.

4. miik2

miik2

Same here with version 2019.1.0f2 - Does anybody have a solution for this?

5. Kuroshiki

Kuroshiki

Same here.
    Everything used to work with Unity 2018.3 but now that I am using Unity 2019.1, particles just stopped working.

6. LucentGames

LucentGames

We're getting the exact same issue making an app for the Oculus Quest, same crashes in 2019.1.0f2 regardless of particle system setup, default system in an empty scene will crash. Pretty game breaking! Hoping someone @Unity can help out with this!

binaristudios and Kuroshiki like this.
  7. luminal23

luminal23

Did you debug it with the logcat to see the exact error?

8. Kuroshiki

Kuroshiki

In my case logcat shows no error...

Edit: Problem solved with Unity 2019.1.2f1

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    binaristudios, IRALTA and luminal23 like this.