Search Unity

Particle system inside the group is not affected by Canvas Group Alpha

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by arnoldhide, Aug 21, 2020.

1. arnoldhide

arnoldhide

Hi.

I'm using canvas group alpha quite often, but today I found out that canvas group alpha is not worked on particle system. the reason is I want to use animation on the button to increase the alpha, so the hidden button would appear overtime along with particle inside it.

I put the particle inside a button group and put canvas group on the button. text and image inside the button is working, but particle is not affected.
    I've tried put the button and particle (separated) inside an empty object and give it canvas group, but it's not working as well.

is there any way to make it work?
    thank you.

PS : I'm using unity 2019.4.3f1 building 2D games.

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Are other renderers like meshes or sprites affected by canvas group alpha?

3. arnoldhide

arnoldhide

haven't tried with meshes, but I've tried sprites. it's the same as particle system, not affected as well.
    I just found out the only way to work around this is using third party plugin ParticleEffectForUGUI by mob-sakai from github (https://github.com/mob-sakai/ParticleEffectForUGUI.git)

if there's a way to make this work without third party plugin, I would appreciate it.

longsl likes this.
  4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

No sorry this is a UI only feature. The Particle system is not aware of it. You could write a script to apply the value.

richardkettlewell likes this.