Search Unity

Question Particle System Color does not work with PBR Graph

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Sobrtonog, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Sobrtonog

Sobrtonog

Hi, after a lot of tinkering with options I've come to the conclusion that particle system color (including opacity) does not work with PBR Graph materials (I've also tried the other 2 shader graphs). I've also tried every combination of shader graph options (workflow, surface, blend, two sided). I mainly need this for opacity, so that each individual particle can fade out after a time.

This is also the case for trail/line particle systems, but fortunately I can workaround trails/lines using a black to white texture mask (in the graph) and manually create an opacity transition in the graphs - but the regular particle system I cannot.

This is pretty huge (in a bad way), that such an important option doesn't play nice with shader graphs - not to mention you can't have default materials active while you're trying to use them -_-.

Anyone have any ideas on how to go about solving this issue, or any potential mistakes I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

EDIT: I updated to the newest version, and this one has a lot more material settings for the LWP, and it can cover a lot of what the default material settings can do. So I have found my solution :p.

Attached Files:

• zxx.png
      zxx.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019