Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Particle System Attached to Prefab

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tpennetta, Aug 1, 2013.

1. tpennetta

tpennetta

Hi all,

I have created a Bomb Prefab out of a Game Object. In the Heirarchy, the bomb has a particle system child so that the smoke is coming off of the fuse and is positioned correctly, etc. However, when I drag the bomb to become a prefab in my Project view, the particle system is no longer attached.

I do see that I can create a particle system as a component of the prefab from scratch again, but the problem with this is the emitter shape cannot be tweaked to be where I need it to be in local space, the only options are base or volume.

Does anyone know the best way to attach a particle system to a prefab the way I am describing?

Much appreciated!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

Obviously it looks like your smoke particle system isn't attached to your bomb anyway.

3. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

If you look in your scene inspector and also in your assets folder, there are two prefabs, on called bomb_prefab and the other one called bomb. So you should drag your bomb_prefab to the bomb prefab and than hit the apply button in your inspector of the bomb prefab selected in the hierarchy

unityunity