I've fixed the problem by changing some things around so the prefab is completely changed unfortunately. I pretty much started over it worked and I overwrite it. From what I gathered it was something being triggered when looping was turned off. I am using a pooling system to spawn everything in and it disables the prefab upon instantiating when initially created for the pool. When called from the pool it will activate the game object and stepping through the code I noticed the error was coming from when OnEnabled() was called and the nuff reference was associated with the last particle position whatever the variable was called I forget. I'm sorry I can't give you more I've tried recreating it to no success which is a good and bad thing really =/ if I encounter it again I'll let you know and be sure to keep record of any logs or prefabs.