Search Unity

particle hell after upgrade...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by San_Holo, Jan 21, 2016.

1. San_Holo

San_Holo

I'm fighting with Unity after an upgrade... my particles are all shot to hell and I'm going through the code to avoid those depreciated warnings.. OK well I might of fix some of them but in the Inspector my game is as slow as a bugger with 999+ of these hideous errors

Invalid AABB result
    aabb.IsFinite()
    IsFinite(outDistanceAlongView)
    IsFinite(outDistanceForSort)

etc etc etc

OK quick run down, got a particle system, really just wanna turn it on and off emit a few particles and I'm gone, I'm done... no, it's a bit odder now, OK so I gets mi-particles then my emission module then I place that in a temp var and enable and oh what a palarva... anyhew, my game doesn't seem to slow down once built as a PC game for example... more testing needed, but I hate these upgrades at times I really do... massive dent in my dev time and as an noob I'm extra frustrated with the backward time step I have to take fixing my all ready working game into super bubble bobble... so to speak, cheers

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

5.3 patch 3?

Go to patch release download page and get latest.

San_Holo likes this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, that was a big problem out of the gate with Unity 5.3.1f1. As noted just above, this (or maybe just a lot of it) is fixed in the patches leading up to 5.3.1p3. Download the latest.

San_Holo likes this.
  4. San_Holo

San_Holo

5.3.1f1 yea OK thanks

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

karl_jones and hopeful like this.