Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Particle Forward Decal working yet its not working

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by emildamansson, Jun 3, 2021.

1. emildamansson

emildamansson

So I wanted to try out doing visual effects with VFX Graph so I followed a tutorial online on how to make an impact effect when shooting a gun leaving a decal of a bullet hole.
    As far as I know I followed along exactly and got me some pretty particles on impact and thinking everything worked just fine. When I got to the end where I implement the decal it seem to have worked, however when trying it out in the game view there was only the particles showing up and not the decal itself.
    So the particles and decal all works perfectly in Scene view but the decal does not show up in the game view nor is it showing up in the preview window.

If anyone is curious This is the tutorial I was following along with:
    Hits and Impact Effects by Gabriel Aguiar Prod.

What I did to troubleshoot;
    I made sure I had the same Rendering Pipeline as in the tutorial, Universal Pipeline, which I had before starting the tutorial so that wasn't it.
    I opened up the VFX file asset to make sure the Decal on top in the Output Render Order.
    I looked some documentation on VFX Graph but it pretty much only a small paragraph of what it is.
    Did some more Googling but found little to nothing relevant to my issue, well I did find people asking about this but hadn't gotten a response.
    Also attempted a search on this forum but I had a hard time navigating.
    I restarted Unity countless times hoping it would magically fix it.
    I asked in the Unity Discord and as I expected there was no response.

So my last hope is making a post a question here, and I never post in forums since I usually find my answer eventually and I know how rules in forums can be quite strict and just assume I will do something wrong that will end up deleting my post anyway..

tl:dr: Particles and decal in Scene View, no Decal only particles in Game View.

Thank you for your time!

2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Heya @emildamansson! No worries, I believe that we can figure it out together and you will be able to finish the tutorial successfully.

So my first question is, do you have 'Depth Texture' setting enabled in URP asset? 4QyoAfUw0g.gif

3. emildamansson

emildamansson

Oh my goodness, Would you look at that. You nailed it first try.
    It was that simple.

I am forever grateful for curing my headache!
    Thank you!

Vita- likes this.