Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Particle Effect work in Editor, not on android

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Sparticus, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Sparticus

Sparticus

Hey all,

I am using a simple particle effect that came in a package I purchased off the Unity Asset store. When viewing the particle effect within the editor in Scene view, I can see the effect. When playing my game within the editor I can see the particle effect.

However, when I create a build of the game and run it on my android phone, the particle effect is no where to be seen.

I've been googling trying to find an answer.... but nothing seems to be working. I'm guessing from what I've read on google that it might have something to do with the shaders the particle effect i'm using and them not being available on my phone? I am not sure. I tried adding the shaders in the project settings (and maybe I did it wrong) but that didn't seen to help.

The shaders the particle effects are using is "Particles/Standard Unlit" and "Mobile/Particles/Additive"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. heiwa-games

heiwa-games

Hi Sparticus,

It has been already 3.5 years since you post but I wonder, did you find a solution for your problem? I have exactly the same problem since a couple of weeks and can't find any root cause... .

CottonKy likes this.