Search Unity

Particle Effect Using Prewarm

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mr Turnip Head, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Mr Turnip Head

Mr Turnip Head

I have a Stretched Billboard Particle effect setup where a line of particles go straight up in a regular pattern to create an animated dashed line effect. As it want this to be at full length when I start the game I enable Prewarm. However I get a gap in the effect where it misses a particle out. How can I stop this from happening?

2. Moonjump

Moonjump

If you have Prewarm, I guess you are using Shuriken?

If I scripted Simulate on the particle emitter in the old system I got a gap like you mention. I got around it by using Simulate with a smaller value repeated several times in a loop. I don't know if you have script access to this in the new system, but this could work if you do.

3. andrew-fray

andrew-fray

I'm getting a missing particle with stretch billboard too. Anyone found a way around this?

4. greenpower

greenpower

As moonjump said. If you can create a script then attach it with this:

void Start () {

EllipsoidParticleEmitter emitter = (EllipsoidParticleEmitter)transform.GetComponent("EllipsoidParticleEmitter");
    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
    emitter.Simulate(0.1f);

}

I used an EllipsoidParticleEmitter, but this should work using any particle emitter type you have, I guess. Good luck!