Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Particle Effect Copy Paste model is not working as intended

Discussion in '2021.1 Beta' started by castor76, Feb 10, 2021.

1. castor76

castor76

When you copy say Texture Sheet Animation by right clicking on it and then copy it. Then paste into the other particle system's Texture Sheet Animation tab by right clicking on it and then paste does not work at all.

It doesn't really do anything, flagging this as a bug.

I am not sure reporting a full project as a repo is necessary as it is as simple as creating a particle effect and then reproduce the bug.

Using Unity 2021.b5

upload_2021-2-10_16-29-10.png

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Please report this via the bug reporter without a repro project. If you reply here with the case number I’ll make sure it gets through QA.

thanks for flagging it!

karl_jones likes this.
  3. castor76

castor76

Hi.

I have reported a repro case : 1314490

Cheers.

richardkettlewell likes this.
  4. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

We’ve realised this only copies the checkbox for the module enabled state, not all the properties in the module.

We are discussing whether it can be changed to copy/paste an entire module - it’s never worked like that and is only intended to copy single properties (this feature allows you to right click any property in unity, it’s basically an accident that it is available on these module headers)

However, it would be a nice feature if it could copy the whole module. So we are looking into it. Thanks again for the report!

mahdi_jeddi likes this.
  5. castor76

castor76

Oh I see. Yes, it was pretty natural for me (and probably for anyone) to expect the header -> copy means the whole property to be copied instead of just a check box.. Copying just a check box means.. well nothing really haha. Which is why I thought it was a bug. If this kind of expectation is so natural, then I guess it must be very good idea to implement it.

It's actually going to be very useful feature, not sure why anyone else didn't think of it. The fact that particle system has been divided into modules just feels like components and copy paste module seems like very natural things to do.

Thanks for looking into it.

richardkettlewell likes this.