Search Unity

1. We are looking for your feedback about Templates! Tell us about your experiences by taking our survey.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Curious about what's going to be in 2021.1? Have a look at the 2021.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to see 2021.1b in action? Sign up for our 2021.1 Beta Webinar on February 25 for a live presentation and a Q&A session with guests from R&D.
    Dismiss Notice

Particle Collisions not working?

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by SpookyCat, Nov 3, 2015.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just installed 5.3 b5 and I can't get particle collisions to work at all, just added a Particle system to a scene with a large plane with a box collider added, set gravity modifier to 1, turned on collisions, set quality to high and to world collisions and the particles just fall through the floor. Is there a work around for this?

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

I think you need to enable the new "enable dynamic colliders" checkbox.
    I'm going to make sure this is on by default before 5.3 goes out in December.

Let me know if it fixes your problem!

DenislamovArtur likes this.
  3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Thanks, that does make the collisions work, but all the objects that the particles should collide with are marked static so are not dynamic in any way, so why does that option need to be enabled for particles to collider with static/non dynamic colliders?

Also while on the subject of particles I am getting a lot of errors in the console such as:

particles.array_size() == psTemp.particleCount
    ps->array_size() == tempParticlesData.particleCount
    psTemp.sheetIndex >= 0.0f && psTemp.sheetIndex <= 1.0f

Don't get any such errors in 5.2.

4. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Those errors are fixed too, it was a bad bit of multi threading! I think that's due out in b6.

I believe the dynamic thing is to do with whether colliders are marked as kinematic.

unityunity