Search Unity

Parental Gate issue in my kids app

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waseemali7, Apr 5, 2019.

1. waseemali7

waseemali7

Hi there,

I am facing issue when I am publishing my kids app to app store. My app was rejected due parental gate issue.

How can I implement parental gate into my kids app?

Thanks

2. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

Parental gates are pretty straight forward if you check theirs web site.
    https://developer.apple.com/app-store/parental-gates/

please note that Most of the mobile ads are not compatible with the parental gate requirement of Apple.

if you are trying to implement an ad network in a kids app. just forget it.

3. waseemali7

waseemali7

There are many apps which are using ad networks in ios.

4. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

Can you just name one of them?

5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Not for kids there arent.

6. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Reminds me of the age questions in Larry 1, some were impossible even for my dad I remember :D

http://allowe.com/games/larry/tips-manuals/lsl1-age-quiz.html

7. makaka-org

makaka-org

8. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

I did not check this asset myself but from what I see from the video you posted. it is completely useless. Sorry :(

Here how you can improve, first, every wrong answer should change the question, there will be an informational text about what kind of permission is asked right now (like; you are trying to reach an external link, you are trying to make a purchase). parental gates should look distinctive from the game. It should not be mistaken as a gameplay mechanic. parental gates should have either play a verbal directive to asking a parent sound or visual hint for parents for non-reading children if they are targetted.

also, questions should be hard to solve for kids under 13. simple math questions are not blocking any 13 years old. soo I appreciate your efforts but please do not sell crap to people. make these adjustments.

Socrates likes this.
  9. makaka-org

makaka-org

In version 2 the task is changed every time (video is related to version 1). You can change the task as you want: source code is open. Here we have basic GUI which is enough to pass App Store Moderation.

Best Regards

P.S. I've recently visited your town — Istanbul: Kadıköy district. Nice place, I Enjoyed it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  10. vkajudiya

vkajudiya

hey i have same issue in ios admob made for kids, apple reject cause of ads links out of the app or engages in commerce without first obtaining parental permission.

i have not other link even inapp, rate button which cause user link out of app , in this case where to add "parental gate"

can anyone know when and where to add parental gate only for ads which click cause link out of the app?
    can i show popup with agree and disagree on the start of app ?