Search Unity

Parent scale to scale many items UI?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by prankard, Oct 28, 2014.

1. prankard

prankard

Hey :),

I'm having some trouble figuring out a solution to a problem with the new UI system.
    I can see it's really flexible so I'm sure it's possible but I just don't know how.

So I'm trying to parent lots of images (or content), to another image, or rect transform.
    Then I would like all items (parented) to be scaled uniformly depending on the screen width.

But for the life of me I can't figure it out.
    So pictures are better than words.

This is me positioning all the images on an example screen resolution and it's all in place:
    upload_2014-10-28_18-23-37.png

And this is me changing the resolution, note red arrow, I would like all content to be bigger inside (whilst preserving aspect ratios).
    upload_2014-10-28_18-25-13.png

I basically want a credits screen. For me to position all elements and then for it to scale to it's width and then I can use the scroll rect to scroll it all.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this? And thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

2. Marble

Marble

You're adjusting the width of the RectTransform here, not its scale (try using the scale tool). It sounds like you want these elements to be on a Canvas with a CanvasScaler component attached.

3. pollyox16

pollyox16

Attach the referenceresolution component to your canvas. That should work.

4. Marble

Marble

Note that the current beta no longer has a ReferenceResolution component. It has been replaced by the CanvasScaler.

5. pollyox16

pollyox16

good to know. I havent updated yet. ill check that out. thank you.

6. prankard

prankard

Thanks for you're help on this.
    I've used the ReferenceResolution / CanvasScaler and it's worked.
    Makes me want to go back and re-do a few of the other screens now I know this. It's so much easier to do what I want with that component.