Search Unity

Parallels Workstation question

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by greyfox, Nov 23, 2006.

1. greyfox

greyfox

Hi i was wondering if using Parallels Workstation on windows will allow me to run unity.
    I have been using it at school and really like it but don't really want to go out and buy a new mac to run it.
    Any help will be great thanks.

2. Marble

Marble

Even if you could successfully get Mac OS X working on your PC using one of the difficult, shady, and unsupported hacks, it would be useless since you wouldn't be able to accelerate OpenGL with your video card.

So in a word: no. You'll have to get a Mac, which of course is a good thing to have to do. :wink:

3. freyr

freyr

Parallels workstation can run Windows under MacOSX but it can't be used to run MacOSX under Windows...

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Yeah, that was my first reaction too, but he's talking about Parallels Workstation, not Parallels Desktop. Parallels Desktop allows you to run Windows (or Linux for that matter) in a virtual machine on an Intel Mac. Parallels Workstation allows you to run another copy of Windows (or Linux) in a VM on a Windows (or Linux) box.

To answer the original question, "probably not". I wasn't aware that OS X even ran under Parallels Workstation.

5. freyr

freyr

It dosen't as far as I know.

6. greyfox

greyfox

Cheers thanks for the help. Better start saving for a mac