Search Unity

Parallax background not working on mobile

Discussion in '2D' started by blastedw, May 18, 2019.

1. blastedw

blastedw

Hi all,

I have a Scene where I added 4 backgrounds to be used as parallax. The backgrounds are empty game objects to which I added the relevant sprites. The sprites were copied multiple times to spread along the x-axis of the Scene.

I then added the ParallaxElement script to each Background game object and ParallaxCamera script to the camera. The Background game objects have a scale greater than 1(2 or 2.5) because the textures themselves are somewhat small.

When I move the camera in the Editor, I can see the parallax Background working fine in the Game tab. It also works fine when I run the Scene in the Editor.

However, when I create the APK and run the game on mobile, the Backgrounds are fixed. There is no parallax whatsoever.

This is not a Problem with the Corgi-Engine and I didn't modify the scripts. It's the vanilla asset as downloaded from the store. But I was wondering if someone encountered such an issue or Maybe even has a fix for this.

2. mistaluai

mistaluai

Same Here

3. spryx

spryx

Is ParallaxElement and ParallaxCamera something that is part of Corgi specifically? I don't recall this in any Unity API that I'm familiar with, but could just be a result of me being behind on something. I did see some parallaxing in Cinemachine, is that what is being used to achieve the effect?