Search Unity

Games Paraglider sim (wip)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by khos, Sep 3, 2020.

1. khos

khos

Working on a Paraglider sim (update to ver1) , would welcome your feedback.
    Using my own flight physics characteristics for now (i.e. various methods to Addforce on rigidbody etc).
    Video below tries to show: Inflate wing, ground handling (leg IK), take off, fly around, landing test. I try to smooth out any speed/thermal lifts etc.

One big thing to do:Would like to get the wing to be flexible (like softbody), any ideas on that are welcomed, I want to try use Unity cloth or similar for that, lines will be flexible/physics based (hinges/chained). Then lots more..

Would love to hear of your thoughts on what it looks like in the video so far, does it look reasonably realistic so far, the physics I mean?

warthos3399 likes this.
  2. khos

khos

Had small eureka moment, use particle systems to create slope soaring thermals/wind, yes! I am happy.

In the video I turn the particle system renderer on/off to demo.

What do you think?

Antypodish and warthos3399 like this.
  3. khos

khos

What do you think of my flexible Paraglider wing so far (trying to make soft / flexible)? Feedback welcome.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

If you add birds, player would be able to observe them, where the thermals are, as birds typically fly around them, to use free up lift air streams.
    Also works other way round, where birds observing flying wings, to figure out, where is the uplift stream.

Then you won need that "Ugly particles" ;)

PS. I found your post on reddit :)

5. khos

khos

Cool, thanks for the ides! Those ugly particles where only to demo how it works, probably might make them look a bit nicer/fluffy to give thermal hints if needed. Cool, thanks for your input on posts! :)

Antypodish likes this.