Search Unity

~~~~Paradox Survival Game~~~~

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by StoneHeartEntertainment, Dec 31, 2014.

1. StoneHeartEntertainment

StoneHeartEntertainment

PARADOX
    3D Survival Game (Hopefully soon to be multiplayer)​

Introduction

I started to work on this project about 2 months ago. Being that this is my first game, and i have little experience with modeling, all the models were imported through the asset store. Though a few scripts i have made myself. I'm also having issues setting up mulitplayer as i have no clue where to start.

Story
    You play as a former worker for Paradox Labs Inc. You go into a closed room (for whatever reason) and accidentally activate a device that knocks you out and releases a deadly gas that is highly toxic. Only the workers from Paradox Labs survive, but in return they get experimented on :D. Only you and you're friends can sneak you're way out.
    The story hasn't been thought of that much as I'm focusing on the gameplay.

Gameplay
    As in most survival games, you're goal is to survive, but you can also craft and build as well as the ability to complete quests . On your way you will find enemies and lots of secrets that lead to why Paradox Labs invented the deadly gas and why only you and you're friends survive.
    This is a PC game, because of that there are a lot of interactive options I'd like to work on:
    • Building
    • Crafting
    • Quest line (When i get muliplayer up, there will be a separate quest line)
    • Build-able vehicles
    • Electronic locks for doors, vehicles, and such. The player can also hack into these locks.
    Graphics
    As i said in the intro, i have little experience in this field as this is my first game ever. All graphics have been imported from the asset store. I'm trying to look for anything that looks apocalyptic.

Youtube and Website

www.trikdream.weebly.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hvJmO91UWV4OxWy3Yq0dA/

I'd like any advice on any part of the game, anything you can think of. Thanks for reading :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    erenaydin likes this.
  2. erenaydin

erenaydin

What is the trick to make a big terrain like this. I was making with only mouse but four years ago and today I haven't time.
    Any trick? :)

3. StoneHeartEntertainment

StoneHeartEntertainment

All i did was imported a heightmap to my terrain, adjusted the height,width, and length of the terrain and finally, i painted some trees and grass.
    I guess the trick would be to make a heightmap and just import it. :)

theANMATOR2b and erenaydin like this.