Search Unity

Paper Dungeons - Work in Progress

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by paifu, Nov 28, 2012.

1. paifu

paifu

Hi,

My name is Stephane Valverde and I'm the developer of Paper Dungeons. This game is a new kind of Puzzle Dungeon Crawling game. Try to picture a Puzzle RPG like a Nethack clone with more strategy, where you can play an infinity of online players' created levels, awesome isn't it ?

I've been using Unity3D to make this new game. And I have created a website at www.paperdungeons.net, where you can get the latest news on the game's development.

Latest and hottest Paper Dungeons project new : I now have a nice game prototype going and after a bit of hard work, I have completed a video for a crowd funding page set up at ulule.com. This page is up for only 30 days (till the 26th Dec.) to help us finishing the game.

I have the chance to work with my wife, who's also a great graphic designer.

Here is a screenshot of the game in 1680x1050 resolution

You can come to see what the game looks like on my campaign link : http://www.ulule.com/paper-dungeons/
    Any help to share this link on your various social networks would be really great!

Any comments on this project are very much appreciated as well!!

More very soon...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ

This looks like something I'd really enjoy. Will be watching for updates :)

3. lockbox

lockbox

Great job on the presentation. Seems like a nice game with a lot of potential. Clean concept with a good graphics style. Well-done!

Best of luck to both of you!

4. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Just shut up and take my money!

5. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Nice start. Since it seems to be based on a paper grid like the old pen and paper RPGs, are you going to make some sort of editor where players can make their own paper dungeons? I think it will add a lot of fun to design your own encounters based on a list of events you provide to the player

6. paifu

paifu

Yup, actually the editor is the core of the project. This aspect as been quite polished to be able to really draw quickly and easily any level. After that, players can share those levels on our server. They can also play, download, tag, rate and comment other levels posted by the community directly inside the game.

Everything is explained on our campaign page ;) : http://www.ulule.com/paper-dungeons/
    Please, spread the info!

Paper Dungeons is a single player game boosted with online content.

The main goal is to be able to able to play with all of the games mode I want to implement : Puzzle / RPG / RogueLike, directly, with online players' created levels. So the player get access to a never ending game.

Here is a screenshot of the actual level editor :

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012