Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Panzer Unity (PzU)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by murkz, Oct 4, 2015.

1. murkz

murkz

We are a small group of guys, with a lot of modding experience for various tank simulations and other simulations. As you can see we have a modeller, a map maker and a skinner. We are on the look out for people with Unity experience.

Our experience, is that of a new person coming to Unity. An experienced user of Unity would be a welcomed asset to our team, the ability to bring our tanks to life is what we are looking for. We are using the excellent Physics Tank Maker from the store as the backbone of our project.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8399351/Unity/Desktop.html

A very early test of PTM to see if we could use it to create what we are looking to achieve.

2. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

My dreams... :) Have You played Steel Fury and/or Steel armor blaze of war?

3. murkz

murkz

Yes we have played both and modded SF :)

Roni92pl likes this.
  4. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Respect, top-end quality models.

5. murkz

murkz

The Panzer 4 in nearing completion and is being bug tested at the moment.

6. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Maybe you want to share some more details about this project? What features are planned, and which are already done, and generally what are game's assumptions.

7. murkz

murkz

Our current goal is to get a playable demo out, a single mission probably.

8. Donken

Donken

We dont have so many plans as of now. We are mostly doing testruns with everything and learning unity. But if i get what i want we are having a real ww2 tanksimulator in the future. So far the feature list are quite short. As murkz mentioned we are looking for a coder that can help us. As of now there are just a few small things needed like bullet decals, camera scripts and damage control to get more playability. But we are thinking about releasing a demo so everyone can try :D

9. Peter Pankras

Peter Pankras

Looking good guys. Someone from TSF forum send me over to take a look. I was working on the exact same thing you are currently working on.. I'll capture a video of it for you. I decided early last year to switch to UE4 as I'm not a big fan of unity. Maybe I can help you guys of share some of the things I have and/or learned.

10. Peter Pankras

Peter Pankras

Here's a video of a very early proof of concept test.. it's from 02-2015. I moved to Unreal Engine last year.

11. Donken

Donken

Of course, sharing info can benefit us all :D I will write you a pm!