Search Unity

Pan in Unity (middle mouse button) gives a shaking view

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kondrup, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kondrup

kondrup

Hi guys.

One of my students is experiencing an annoying problem.

When he is using the hand tool or pressing the middle mouse button in the viewport in Unity, it shakes uncontrollably. I have only found one hit on google but the solution provided did not help:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/266088/panning-scale-issues.html

We have tried restarting the PC and reinstalling Unity. Nothing seems to help

Even with a fresly installed project and only having ONE cube in the scene the view is still shaking like crazy when using the hand drag tool.

Hope someone has a solution.

The 'funny' thing is that I have 34 students all using the same hardware but this problem is only happening to One student.

2. simering

simering

Hi,

Have you solved the issue? I have the same problem...

Regards,

3. jimjamboree

jimjamboree

I was having the same problem. I tried to zoom in and out to see what would happen and as I zoomed out the violent shaking stopped. When I zoomed in more, the shaking came back. So you might have to make some of your objects larger so when you navigate it won't shake like that. Making the objects larger is only so that you will be able to see your object, that way you're not zoomed way out and looking at a tiny game object.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Probably floating point imprecision due to very large coordinates. Try to keep everything within 10K units of the origin.

--Eric

liviobrunner likes this.