Search Unity

Pairing Smart TV and smartphone

Discussion in 'Samsung Smart TV' started by lucadigennaro, Oct 16, 2015.

1. lucadigennaro

lucadigennaro

Hi there,

I'm currently developing a FPS for Samsung Smart TV that is controlled by a smartphone that runs another Unity application (Android build).
    Tilting the smartphone forward let the player go forward and so for every direction, using gyroscope.
    To pair the two devices, I insert the smartphone IP on the Smart TV application every time, but it is not very comfortable.

Is there a way to pair the devices automatically in some ways?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

While I've never tried to do this myself you may be able to set up a situation where the TV broadcasts (or multicasts) some sort of "hey I'm here at this IP" that you could have the android device listen to on the LAN. That would allow you to get around having to type in an IP every time.

3. lucadigennaro

lucadigennaro

Can you please suggest me at least some kind of documentation to read? Everything I've found is about "multiplayer games"

4. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

5. lucadigennaro

lucadigennaro

Thanks Alex!
    There is a demo project in the thread you linked. I'm curently trying it but the broadcast works between two PCs, not between 1 PC and 1 Smart TV. Seems like NetworkTransport.StartBroadcastDisovery() always returns false.