Search Unity

Pairing data for custom events

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by God0fMagic, Dec 8, 2020.

1. God0fMagic

God0fMagic

Hello,

We have implemented some Unity Analytics in our project. After checking the data in analytics dashboard I noticed that data from one analytics call is not being kept together. Going to Event Manager in the dashboard I different values have their own drop down menus.

Example:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. UnityEngine.Analytics.AnalyticsEvent.Custom("ExitGame", new Dictionary<string, object>
    3.         {
    4.             { "TimeSpentInGame", (int)Time.time },
    5.             { "TimeSpentInLastScene", (int)TimeSpentInScene },
    6.             { "TimeLeftGame", System.DateTime.Now.ToString() },
    7.             { "LeftGameFromScene", UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.GetActiveScene().name }
    8.         });
    Analytics dashboard shows separate list for each dictionary entry. A list for "TimeSpentInGame", a separate list for "TimeSpentInLastScene", etc. I want to see a pair of data as it was sent - get "TimeSpentInGame" and "TimeSpentInLastScene" from the same call together. Downloading that data as CSV file does not show anything more helpful too.

I tried changing my approach and did this to forcefully pair data:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEngine.Analytics.AnalyticsEvent.Custom("ExitGame_2.0", new Dictionary<string, object>
    2.         {
    3.             { "ApplicationQuitData", new OnApplicationQuitEvent()
    4.                 {
    5.                     TimeSpentInGame = (int)Time.time,
    6.                     TimeSpentInLastScene = (int)TimeSpentInScene,
    7.                     TimeLeftGame = System.DateTime.Now.ToString(),
    8.                     LeftGameFromScene = UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.GetActiveScene().name
    9.                 }
    10.             }
    11.         });
    But with this I can't see any data at all, only the number of calls that was made to that event.

Is there a way to solve this, or some way to see my data as it was sent? Is this possible to accomplish with Raw Data Export?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, you would need Raw Data Export to do this. RDE is a Pro-only license feature. However, I will suggest that you also take a look at deltaDNA which Unity recently acquired. We will be moving Analytics to this platform over the next year. I'm not sure on the pricing but should be evolving over the next year https://unity.com/products/deltadna

3. God0fMagic

God0fMagic

Thank you, I will check it out!

JeffDUnity3D likes this.