Search Unity

[PAID] Need artist to design 6 card fronts & 1 card back (for Scifi Roguelike Deckbuilder)

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Offering' started by tsibiski, Dec 9, 2022.

1. tsibiski

tsibiski

[I've gotten a ton of responses and have several talented artists to choose from, so this post can be considered resolved!]

Hi,

I am working on a Roguelike Deckbuilder (as seen here in this WIP thread and video).

There are 5 different ship classes, and I need a unique design and color palette for each one (just the fronts of the cards. The back can all be the same single design). Also, there is a single deck of cards that can be used by any ship class, and thus isn't restricted to one ship. I'd also like that to be unique.

So I need a total of 6 card prefabs for fronts, and 1 for the back design. The design should be relatively easy for a color blind person to see the differences in absence of noticing the more obvious color differences. It may make sense to make each card's art white, so that I can choose the colors that work best in practice. Happy to discuss that. And I'm happy to hear your suggestions around accessibility here.

(My current card design is based on a 400 x 600 tall card)
    Every design of a card front will need:
    1) A portrait area for the art unique to each card. This is flexible, but I think ~30-40% height of the size of the card face makes sense here?
    2) Title area for the card name.
    3) Description area for describing what the card does. Should be around ~40-50% of the card face area.
    4) Cost area for displaying the energy cost of playing a card (should accept possibility of double digit energy cost).
    5) Area for displaying the rarity of the card. Maybe a power bar indicator where 1/5th full indicates a common card, and a full bar indicates a legendary card. Happy to hear suggestions here.
    6) Something that can be used to indicate if a card is upgraded. Where there are two states, non-upgraded and upgraded. Just a simple visual indicator that I could toggle works here, and I am suspecting that an aspect of the card like this will rely heavily on how the design comes along, so I have no specific description of how I want this.
    7) A font specifically chosen for the card, that is easy to read if the font size needs to be a little smaller to fit the description, and is easy on the eyes to read a lot in one sitting.

The single card back design will need a space where it would make sense to put a number that indicates how many cards are in the deck. This space will see numbers up to 99. Triple digits are unnecessary.

This is an example of a design I saw that has a general, minimalist, futuristic design that I imagine would work for the card art.

This is just an example that I think would make me really happy with the results. But I am also very happy to hear your suggestions as an artist. Maybe you see my WIP above and have a suggested design theme that differs from the example above? I'd love to hear it. I intend much of the game GUI designs to be inspired and built off of the card's design themselves, so I am very open to someone who's an expert in this stuff to give me advice.

Obviously, this is paid/commissioned work. We can discuss your cost if you are interested in doing this!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    slayersahil likes this.