Search Unity

paid by install

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Dionysos1111, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Dionysos1111

Dionysos1111

Hi,

I have a android game which kinda took off now and i want to build in a option for users to install a game and as a reward they don't get any more ads in the game.

I asked a couple of ads providers if i can ask the user to click the advertisement and install and give them the reward but they say that is illegal.

I do know there are apps and website that do offer this, they offer to install a game and as a reward they get money for it.

I also already checked the "offer wall" but this is not really what i'm looking for i think, i want just a button with some sort of referral link and when user installs the game i get paid.

There also must be off course some sort of checking option to see if the user actually installed the app.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Nope, not allowed by us as well, see https://unity3d.com/legal/invalid-activity-policy:

"(...) encouraging views, taps, clicks, downloads, installs or other End-User actions with offers of cash, prizes, incentives, gift cards, vouchers or anything of value (other than virtual currency or other in- app benefits in compliance with the Rewarded Inventory Policy); this includes, but is not limited to, promising to raise money for third parties;"

It's in everyone's interest to keep any ad network "healthy", i.e. people buy/download products since they find them relevant, not because they get some sort of monetary reward for it. Our algorithms optimizes based on how we can see user behave, and as said this is how we try to make sure that game developers can optimize their revenue in order to make grow a sustainable business.

And it's not as simple as just installs. Unity Ads shows different types of ads and campaigns, and it's the advertiser who decides how they pay.

Short answer is don't offer any award in your game based on installs :)

Best regards,
    Rasmus