Search Unity

paid asset store purchases not showing up / no longer showing up

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by im, Aug 28, 2013.

1. im

im

help!

anyone have any clues as to what is going on

easily hundreds of dollars worth of purchases that i made and paid for are no longer showing up at all as being purchased!

I just bought some stuff today and it is not showing up as purchased and I am unable to download any of it and worse large number of items that I purchased and paid for in the past are also no longer showing up as purchased and it too I am no longer able to download any of them.

I checked with PayPal and the transactions and funds transferred have all been successfully completed. I got email with pdf receipts for the purchases and they even show up under my account!

But when I access the asset store the price is there, there is no option to open it in Unity or to download them and they do not show up in the asset store download manager.

Is this a know issue with the asset store? Am I going to have to be watchful of past paid purchases disappearing?

thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. cjow

cjow

If you haven't already I suggest contacting the asset store support directly. They will be able to help you much more.

3. im

im

just did

i went quickly through the list of receipts i have and i found large number of items that were paid for missing...

in fact its a majority of my purchases gone 46/61 gone! so only 15 of 61 showing up as being bought. what a mess. well over $500 of purchases that i paid for gone until they fix it... :(

i have no clue what is going on. they show up in my account, and i have receipts and paypal transaction history, but they do not show up at all in the asset store and in the download manager as being purchased. so i can not download them anymore and get updates! worse the ones i bought earlier today and yesterday i can not download them to begin with. older items i should have a copy from when i purchased them, but newer ones no copy...

this is very upsetting to say the least since it easily represents hundreds of dollars.

4. im

im

6 hrs since i created ticket and i'm still toast :( logging out/in does not fix it. clearing cache does not fix it. waiting for reply from unity support. looks like they have some database issues... :(

5. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

The same is happening to me also

6. im

im

so that is like 3-4 members so far

have you heard back from unity support? is it fixed for anyone?

7. JamesPro

JamesPro

Not fixed for us yet. Been checking every few minutes.

8. Foodstamp

Foodstamp

Alternate way around.
    Go to the asset you purchased and it will give you the option to download it. That's if you need to download it again.

9. JamesPro

JamesPro

The only option it gives us is to buy it again.

10. im

im

i only get option to buy it again.

11. boriel

boriel

Same here. It seems to be a problem in Unity Asset Store.
    If you enter the asset store from within Unity, and locate a paid asset you can click on the down arrow (on the right side to the pay button) it offers you to download and reimport the asset. But cannot rate the assets, etc. It's like something is broken.

Also, if you click in your account info, you can see your payment history and I think the listing is ok and complete. Have any of you checked this?

ippiki-ookami likes this.
  12. JamesPro

JamesPro

Well now I can't even access the asset store from in side Unity...

13. JamesPro

JamesPro

Yes all of the payment history/invoices seem to still be intact.

14. im

im

hey wow you are the man with the workarounds. quick someone in unity hire this guy. he knows how to fix problems and make customers happy

u r right while the dumb button still says buy and the price there is like strange little area that i can click on and get a context menu and pick download and import which is good enough for me.

thanks i bought a bunch of stuff last night and i really really really needed to get going on it.

so you are my friend for the moment, but dont worry i forget quickly and by tomorrow it will be boriel who?, don't know him,. if he keeps bothering call the cops! ;)

15. JamesPro

JamesPro

They must be in the process of fixing it or something. That Drop down had NOT been there for me before but it is now... I knew about that drop down and had checked for it several times.

16. boriel

boriel

Thanks for your compliment! :) (disclaimer, I'm not an English native speaker).
    I also got a bit concerned when I saw some of my assets apparently gone! :confused: I hope they fix it soon (already opened a ticket): I'm on a rather tight deadline and some of these assets are very important for my current project.

17. zzzzz

zzzzz

OK..Stupid question....How do you access Asset store from within Unity?
    Ryan

18. im

im

not to worry i dont claim to know english myself, i am a product of the american school system and they never taught us any english or any other foreign languages for that matter. in fact i don't ever recall being taught anything at all ;)

19. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

I'm having the same problem...waiting...need to get work done.

20. JamesPro

JamesPro

Under the Windows menu item you select Asset Store. It will open the Asset Store in a new Editor Tab that you can dock anywhere in the editor or pull it out as a separate window in the event you have a Multiple Displays and want to have it open on one of your other displays.

21. im

im

but there is like some other issue with the in unity asset store once you open it and you go and download and import a package it does not work again until you restart unity!

someone i guess checked some stuff in that broke the store, ouch

22. zzzzz

zzzzz

Could have sworn I looked there...Thanks!!!
    Ryan

23. im

im

u did and so did i and we saw buy button, but if u look closely there is like little break on the right side of the button where if you click on it it brings up a context menu with download and import and such

clearly its broken...

24. Socrates

Socrates

Don't forget that if you've previously downloaded an asset, it is stored on your hard drive as a .unitypackage that you can manually go grab to import.

C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store

25. im

im

yes thanks you and while the above is true for previously downloaded assets. it does not work for updates, import, and new purchases and i just cant see too many customers being happy with the current state of the asset store.

demonkillerwalrus likes this.
  26. Dark-Muppeteer

Dark-Muppeteer

I'm also having this issue, looks like something got broken when the updated web version of the store went live.

Nothing purchased from the last couple of days shows up in the in the in unity asset store list and the web version only show about 5% of my overall purchases. Older items are still listed in the in unity list but have lost purchase date info and most of the icons.

Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

27. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

i have all purchases shown, BUT it doesn't shows updatable assets anymore
    last week i had dozen of assets listed as "updatable".. today i have only a few... i guess it's the Assets Store being developed

28. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Hello,

sorry for the inconvenience. We are looking into the issue now and will hopefully soon have a solution for you.

29. joelfivat

joelfivat

I'm having the same problem, I can't download assets I bought, it is just as if I haven't bought them even though I have the invoices in my profile.

- 2D Toolkit
    - 2D Platform Controller
    - UFPS : Ultimate FPS
    - 2D Action Platformer Starter Kit - Mobile Ready

30. lasse

lasse

Unity Technologies

Sorry for the inconvenience everybody, a recent bugfix of mine was a lot more bug than fix... :oops:

We have a fix and should have it released and live within the hour...

31. im

im

hi not a problem. thanks for stopping by and filling us on. it's ok, good to see its just a bug and not something else. good luck with the fix and best regards. cya

32. boriel

boriel

I've received a ticket response from Unity saying it's solved.
    Have checked my assets and ... voila! They are back again!
    Can anybody check it? It seems solved! :cool:

33. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I emailed UT about 2 months ago and warned them about this.
    I have in my Asset Store account hundreds of purchased packages and (I'm glad that just that few) 2 of these packages simply disapeared from my asset list. They didn't really trust what I was saying and I had to re-purchase those 2 packages to be able to update...

Maybe now they'll pay serious attention to this problem.

34. BES

BES

Well that's good ...if your a legit person ...hope its resolved quickly ... since I noticed this problem yesterday after several purchases refused to show up and it kept getting worse each time I checked...

Now the store wont even work while in Unity ....hope the Unity peeps took it down to resolve the problem as you say..or else the problem is worse..

I didn't see your post until after I responded to this thread ...but it seems to work now...still missing a few things but its mostly all there..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  35. boriel

boriel

The rating system (stars) in the purchased assets window seems not to be working yet. I rated some assets 5 starts, then exit the window and reenter again and the ratings were gone... hmmm. :-|

36. BES

BES

Well it seems to randomly be going down for me still ...trying to DL them all to my comp ...getting constant errors saying that im not connected to the internet when I clearly am...

37. im

im

while we are almost there i just checked and the fix might need a fix ;)

"Animation Inspector" that I purchased on 2013-08-02 for
    $2 using PAYPAL, Invoice# 301263474, is still not showing up. :(

so lasse and friends i hope you still reading these posts cause we still may need a bit for your help to see why its happening and to find a way to fix it so that it shows up...

or is the fix working as it appears to be and is there a problem with the asset instead? did the asset get pulled / removed? i went and checked and i can no longer find it in the asset store. or is there some other bug...

anyways i'm happy camper now, no longer running in panic screaming my assets are gone....

still good to know what happened with that asset...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  38. lasse

lasse

Unity Technologies

That's a known bug 4.2.0 - networking basically dies in the editor after the first package import. You should basically stay away from 4.2.0 if using the Asset Store...

39. lasse

lasse

Unity Technologies

Yeah, we're working on that but it was deemed less urgent than you being able to download your stuff... :) We should have a fix out for that sometime next week...

40. lasse

lasse

Unity Technologies

Are you using 4.2.0? If so, don't... It's broken.

41. lasse

lasse

Unity Technologies

That package was disabled over a copyright issue, I believe, and won't be coming back. Sorry...

42. imtrobin

imtrobin

So I'm not alone in this. I emailed Assetstore and they fixed it (about 2 weeks ago), and now I can't purchase anymore. It keeps saying card declined.

43. whiLd

whiLd

I purchased UniRPG on October 3rd and its not giving me the option to download or import.
    As you can see in the image below, this item shows as being purchased.

$UniRPG.png

But in this image you can see that it doesnt give me the ability to download or import. Only 'Buy $55'.
    When I click the right context menu it only gives me the ability to share or open in a browser
    $UniRPG_Purchase.png

I purchased the Nobiax Plants on Ocotber 5th, and it properly gives me the ability to import.
    $Nobiax.png

Not sure what this issue is with this one purchase, but I dont want to have to spend $55 to re-purchase this.

I emailed the asset store help, and they replied with this:
    Thanks for the e-mail. Sorry to hear that you are having problems downloading your asset. Sometimes logging out, then logging back into your publishing account usually works.

Try downloading your assets via the editor.

1. Open Unity Engine.
    2. Click "Window" > "Asset Store".
    3. Log in
    4. Find Asset.
    5. Download Asset

I've logged out then in...nothing. I've logged out within the unity editor and the website, then restarted my PC, booted Unity, back to the asset store and no luck.

Not sure what the issue is, but I dont like flushing $55 down the toilet with nothing to show for it.
    Someone please help.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  44. SeriousTangents

SeriousTangents

On 12-9-2013 I purchased the Sci-Fi Interactive Music Volume 1 package for $45.00. Order 301356457. It no longer lists as an item that can be purchased in the store and I'm not entirely sure I have the .unitypackage file saved on my development machine.

As the purchase is less than 90 days old, if it will no longer be hosted and I cannot download it... I'd like to know if I can get a refund for this purchase.

Joseph.

45. boriel

boriel

I've also had some problems like this one. This is very concerning: There's no warranty a purchased asset will be available in the future (in my case, the vendor change it's brand company name and the asset was reuploaded as a new one).
    Buyers should get some sort of protection against this :sad:
    As time passes I'm more and more reluctant to buy new assets...

46. awesomenite

awesomenite

I just purchased an asset and no transaction is being listed in my account but the money has been taken from my paypal.
    sent a email who knows when they will decide to answer

47. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

I just a had a problem where the product I bought through the web site asset store showed up in the web site's asset store downloads section, but not in the Unity software's asset store window. I've had that happen before and the solution was to close/reopen the asset store window or Unity. This time that didn't work, I restarted several times and nothing.

However, I tried this and it worked: Restart Unity, open asset store (in unity, not the web site through a browser), go to the product you bought and click purchase as though you're going to buy it again from inside Unity. Then back out of it (don't proceed to checkout, choose the other option instead). This immediately refreshed the store and my purchase showed up.

Seems the Asset Store is a bit buggy and could use some attention. From now on what I'll do is browse for products via the web site since it's easier and faster for me, but when I make the purchase I'll do it in Unity's built in asset store and not at the web site.

48. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

What was your case number? You should get a response within 5 business days.

Please create a new thread as this thread is several months old and issues are not related to the original users issue.

49. nOograss

nOograss

Hi,

this may be old but i recently experienced the same.
    But once i logged in the window of the asset store, the missing assets appeared :)

50. Rook81

Rook81

I tried, but it didnt work for me. My purchases are still missing