Search Unity

[PAID] 2D/UI Artist Needed

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Offering' started by GroZZleR, Mar 30, 2021.

1. GroZZleR

GroZZleR

Intro

I'm looking to hire a 2D/UI artist to create the HUD for a space combat game. Ideally I'd like to find someone with a passion for sci-fi and space ships in general, who would be interested in forming an ongoing working relationship for continuous work on this project and future projects as well. As the design is still in relative flux, I'm looking for someone who doesn't mind working piecemeal on a project.

Concept

Conceptually the HUD I'd like has elements similar to these:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Elements

Now that you've seen the concepts, the elements my current HUD requires are:

Crosshair
    The big targeting reticle in the middle of the screen.

Health Bar
    A large arc'd bar displaying the ship's HP. There's actually three health systems: shields, armour and hull and I think one layered, colour coded bar would look good. An icon that perhaps shows what state the health is in, might also work.

Energy Bar
    A large arc'd bar displaying the ship's available energy. There also needs to be an icon that shows what "mode" the reactor is in: power, weapon, shields, or engines.

Special Ship Ability Buttons (4 of them total)
    Similar to a MOBA or MMO's skills, these buttons are for showing special attacks and their cooldowns.
    You can see examples in concept #1 along the top and concept #2 along the bottom.

Weapons and Ammo
    The first concept cleverly hides this information as the inner yellow bars near the health and energy bars. I like this approach over the more in your face approach of #2, but I'm open to your creativity.

That's all the information I need right now but will be expanding on it as I flesh the game out, so this will be ongoing work for you.

Technical

The base resolution will be 4K, so you'll need to create your elements at that res and we'll scale in-engine appropriately.

Contact

Please contact me with your portfolio, how much you'd charge for the HUD as described above and a bit about yourself: recruitment@grozzler.com

Thanks!