Search Unity

Pagoda - Journey to the Abyss

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Gaziz, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Gaziz

Gaziz

Good day to all! I present to you my short Design Document. Reasonable criticism is welcome. The general concept of the game is real-time battles between players in souls like battle machanics but with unique features.

Title jf Game: Pagoda - Journey to the Abbyss
    Genre: Isometric RPG
    What it will look like: sprite graphics like Golden Axe
    4 main starter classess: - warrior, mage, hunter, thief
    over 20 subclasses, and the system of subclasses (job) as in Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Main Interface: 5 scales - life, stamina (stmn), mana, exp.points, status (poisinoed, frost , etc) alignment meter: good----bad

Battle mechanics

Combat mechanics: each attack will spend a certain amount of stmn and mana, there are 4 types of attacks spend stmn and mana:
    1) fast - 10-15% ;
    2) normal - 30-50%
    3) strong attack 60-80%
    4) unique attack for each weapon has its own (performed under certain conditions).
    Here the main difference is "Unique Attacks" is a main feature of the game:
    1) For the Warrior, this is the most powerful attack with a weapon that blows 60% of life, just as the enemy receives strong debuffs and injuries.
    To activate, you will need to fulfill 3 conditions: 1 - the enemy must stand close to 2 - the full stamina bar 3 - win a mini-game - a window pops up in which you need to quickly press a combination of certain buttons that are randomly displayed. If you press the wrong button then negative trigger will happen randomly: the hero stuns for 30 seconds, receives negative buffs for 1 hour, the hero receives injuries for 1 hour.
    2) The Magician is the most powerful spell that can immediately kill the enemy and destroys a large area of the map (a fire tornado, an ocean of ice arrows, a rift in the ground, etc.). To activate, you will need to fulfill 2 conditions: 1 - a full scale of mana 2 - win a mini-game - a window pops up in which you need to quickly solve the task - mat. equation, guess a riddle, translate a word and so on. tasks will be random. However, if the riddle is not solved correctly then negative trigger will happen randomly: the hero stuns for 30 seconds, receives negative buffs for 1 hour, the hero dies.
    3) For the Hunter, this is a critical shot that kills immediately or takes down 90% of life, just as the enemy receives huge debuffs and injuries.
    To activate, you will need to fulfill 3 conditions: 1 - It takes 7 seconds to aim, at this time the enemy should not go into cover or close with a shield 2 - full stamina bar 3 - win a mini-game for accuracy - a window pops up in which the target appears and the red ball spins quickly, when it gets to the center, you need to click on the stop and so on 3 times, the tasks are random. If you press the wrong button then negative trigger will happen randomly: the hero stuns for 30 seconds, receives negative buffs for 1 hour, the hero receives injuries for 1 hour.
    4) The Thief has a critical attack that kills immediately or takes 70% of his life, the enemy also receives huge debuffs and injuries.
    To activate, you will need to fulfill 3 conditions: 1 - the enemy must not see the hero 2 - full stamina bar 3 - win a mini skill game - a window pops up in which you need to twist the square with the ball, holes appear accidentally and you need to drive the ball there and so 3 times, assignments are random. If you press the wrong button then negative trigger will happen randomly: the hero stuns for 30 seconds, receives negative buffs for 1 hour, the hero receives injuries for 1 hour.

Setting: dark medieval fantasy. Isometry.
    Features:
    1) Enemies are unique, have individual characteristics the same as the main character.
    2) Unique AI - which will imitate the reaction of a person.
    3) Any monster could be tamed, or if it is not anthropomorphic creatures (people lizards, goblins, gnome, elves, deaths and others), you can negotiate with them and take them to the unit for a while or become permanent npc.
    4) The quest system will work non-linearly: that is, neutral and enemy heroes can also receive tasks.
    5) The system of pumping skills as in Elder scrolls that you use it and it sways.
    6) Two game modes turn-based and real-time, as in Fallout Tactics.
    7) Craft items now all the weapons of enemies can be used.
    8) 6 schools of magic: fire, earth, water, air, light, darkness
    9) Monster farm where you can create your own hybrids
    10) AI editor - you can create your own monsters logic of behavior.
    11) The Strategic mode of the company where it is possible to develop trading and social skills, without participating in battles.
    12) The rank system at the beginning of the game you can only choose the initial class - wars, mage, hunter, thief. Further, in the process of playing warrior can become a barbarian, berserker, knight, paladin, weapon master, and so on. (system similar to Final Fantasy Tactics)
    13) 2D graphics. Portraits of heroes in the style of anime sketches as in Disciples 1 part.
    Thanks for your attention.

P.S. If someone is interested then I collect a team.
    My main technical question is whether it is possible to make a game that will look like Golden Axe but with complicated battle mechanics as I described earlier in Unity right away. No experience on wanted to start with just one thing to start. And so the concept of the game I currently plan in excel, each sheet is a separate module with calculations and description.I am waiting for your suggestions.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hello! Looking good :) I moved your design to it's own unique thread as that's how the forum works, you make a new thread for your own game. Best of luck.

3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Can we get a single sentence description of the game? And then a brief paragraph to describe experience of playing it? And screenshots of.intended visuals?

Reading list of numbers and surmising a game from that is impossoble.

Don't expect any help until.youve made 90 percent a d it looks solid.