Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Packets flowing but higher level not connecting

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by DaveLloyd, Feb 7, 2022.

1. DaveLloyd

DaveLloyd

I have a simple standalone scene in an otherwise empty project that has a NetworkManager with a very simple Player prefab (a capsule). If I start that up on two machines on a LAN, I can start as Host on one and start as Client on another and all seems to work.

However when I copy the scene & prefab back to my main project (which is big and in the process of migrating from Untiy 2019 to Unity 2021) then the client and host do not connect. Wireshark shows me UDP packets on port 7777 are flowing between the machines.

I have tried using both UNet Transport and the new Unity Transport and both have the same behaviour: works fine in the empty project, but doesn't connect when in the main project. Both projects use the same version of Unity, but one is running on an M1 Macbook and the other on a Win10 machine.

I'm guessing there's some conflict somewhere. Can anyone suggest how to get the netcode working in the main project?