Search Unity

PackageMaster

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by piranha9, Oct 30, 2015.

1. piranha9

piranha9

Hi everyone!

I initially wanted to celebrate my first contribution to the asset store here, but unfortunatly it was declined because there already seem to be similar scripts available.
    Nevertheless, I would like to share this one since I think it is really useful, wasn't that much of work and have no problem giving it away for free ;)

Ok, simply put, PackageMaster is a little editor extension which makes handling of your downloaded asset store packages much easier:

- You get a quick overview of all your downloaded packages which can be filtered, sorted and searched by your desire.
    - You can add additional paths to custom packages to include non asset store packages.
    - You can create groups of packages (like texture packs, your favourite extensions, common objects etc.) which you can import all at once with just one click (great if you start a new project).
    - Documentation included.

Installation is fairly simple, just import the package and you will find PackageMaster in the "Assets" menu.
    I only tested it on a Windows machine, but it should also run on Mac. If not, it would be great if you could leave me some feedback whats going wrong.

You can download it from dropbox here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkg2q8ztciyi6mb/PackageMaster.unitypackage?dl=0

A screenshot can be seen here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2zlrzmhj1vu0se/pm_shot_01.png?dl=0

Thanks for you time!

Cheers,
    Andre

2. p6r

p6r

Very interesting !
    Thanks a lot for sharing...
    6R

3. liortal

liortal

Sounds interesting, definitely looking into checking that out.

I wonder why it was rejected though. The store probably has dozens of assets that "do the same thing"...

4. piranha9

piranha9

yeah, I was pretty surprised too, but didn't asked further because it's such a small tool and not worth the effort arguing with the asset store ;)