Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback PackageManger improved

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by watercat, Mar 5, 2020.

1. watercat

watercat

the unity package manager need important especially in the next release where by the meyn focus the package manager have meny problems

1. meny packages need other packages to work but the is no way to know that instead the packages manager should need same way to be more convenient

2. second i have to meny packages but i dont have images or video for reference

i add 2 image file haw to improve

Attached Files:

2. Player7

Player7

No idea why they removed the asset store version when the package manager replacement version isn't anywhere near good enough to be an adequate replacement yet.

.. no caching on anything it seems, including the list of assets you own, let alone images that get loaded..
    .. no thumbnail next to the list view of assets..
    .. etc

watercat likes this.
  3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I really hope there will not be image bloat for stock packages :)

4. jasonatkaruna

jasonatkaruna

I think they're trying to get package manager updated to provide a public package repository (probably through something like the asset store)

5. watercat

watercat

i agreed unity try to replace assets store with package manager but the package manager is not ready yet is uncomfortable at this time this ways i add feedback package manager