Search Unity

Bug Package not available in package manager

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by joostbos, Mar 15, 2023.

1. joostbos

joostbos

I am trying to install the Havok package in Unity 2020.3.19, but it is not available in the package manager. According to the Quick Start guide I should select 'All' but I don't see that option. Also when I select 'Unity Registry' and search for Havok I get no hits.

The Quick Start guide also mentions zip download, but there is no link to a zip file.

2. daniel-holz

daniel-holz

Unity Technologies

Could you try using the latest ECS pre-release (see here) with the minimum recommended editor version (2022.2.6f1 and above) please and try again?

JMPM-UNITY likes this.
  3. joostbos

joostbos

I don't have that Unity version, and I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade. That usually brings a lot of extra work. And according to the Havok documentation version 0.50 should work with Unity 2020.3.0

I did find a post that has a git-url to install Havok (https://forum.unity.com/threads/havok-physics-package-missing-from-2021-1-0f1.1082780/) But then I got errors due to package dependencies on ECS. And that requires Unity 2022. So it's very confusing about what works in what version.

4. IsaacsUnity

IsaacsUnity

Unity Technologies

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback, we're currently working on improving our documentation.

To preface, Havok Physics for Unity is only supported for production for the 2022.2 Tech Stream and beyond. We don't recommend using Havok 0.50/51 or earlier versions in production as they are experimental packages, and we will not be able to support them. If you're a Pro user, Havok Physics is included as part of your subscription starting with the 2022.2 Tech Stream.

If you're looking to test out experimental Havok Physics for Unity on 2020.3, please use Unity 2020.3.30 and beyond, as there are many critical fixes included in that editor version. Here's a video on how to install the experimental package, do make sure that you have Enable Preview Packages checked, and the package should be added to the editor pretty quickly.

Attached Files:

joostbos and daniel-holz like this.
  5. joostbos

joostbos

Thanks for the explanation. Now the situation is clear for me. I'll think about using the 2020 experimental version, but with all the work on my list I'll probably pick it up when I make the upgrade to Unity 2022.

IsaacsUnity and daniel-holz like this.