Search Unity

Bug Package Manager takes 30 minutes to Import Packages

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by RizaSkywatcher, Oct 11, 2020.

1. RizaSkywatcher

RizaSkywatcher

I am starting a new project in 2020.1.8f1 and am starting to import packages that I am using in my toolchain. Each package that I import is taking a MINIMUM of 10 minutes to load and upwards to 30 minutes for anything larger than a codebase. Here is a snippet I took from trying to import SteamVR:

This is darn near unacceptable. The Asset Store took almost 4-5 minutes tops to download and import something. I can't waste an entire day downloading and importing basic stuff like this. Please tell me there is a hotfix to add multithreading to importing as Unity uses almost no resources in importing things, which I can only assume is part of the issue.

2. RizaSkywatcher

RizaSkywatcher

Here are files you probably want to see as well.

Attached Files:

3. RizaSkywatcher

RizaSkywatcher

The issue is that there isn't anything necessarily wrong. It's doing it's job. Just really, really, really, REALLY slowly.

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

This does not seem to be related to the package manager. The package you are downloading with the package manager could simply be larger. We could be wrong but this sounds like to be something on your system bottlenecking the Asset Database.

Is this something that is present only in the latest version of Unity you are using? Is the behaviour the same for all the assets you download?