Search Unity

Package Manager server failing (log attached)

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by nyscersul, Jan 25, 2020.

?

What should i do?

1. Hide?

50.0%
  2. Cry? :P

50.0%
  1. nyscersul

nyscersul

As above, same error as others, package manager server suddenly and inexplicably fails to connect to its local server 127.0.0.1. Cannot load the editor as a consequence. Unable to work now for two weeks, when i should be on it full time. Second posr, now added log.

Added the environment variable as described, no change, reinstalled unity, reinstalled unity hub, tried multiple 2019 versions of unity including the most recent official release suggested by the hubs new download.

Tried with firewall disabled, enabled, or manual rules added, still no change. Im only running the defender windows 10 default stuff and not really much else, generally its unity and visualstudio 2017 are all thats open, maybe vlc media player or something for music. I do use discord and teamviewer occasionally.

The only thing that changed about the same time is i connected my browser to spotify.

Log attached is from the package manager diagnostic file posted in the other thread about this issue.

I know a little about networking altho i am not very good at it, but... Its reporting the address 127.0.0.1, and the number at the end on my ip address is in my case determined by my router, and it possesses the only 1 on the network. Feel free to point out if local callback addresses differ in this respect, i am unsure.

Upm.log says just this...

{"level":"info","message":"Starting Server","timestamp":"2020-01-25T12:42:09.847Z"}
    {"level":"info","message":"Server started on port [54301]","timestamp":"2020-01-25T12:42:09.852Z"}

Please help!

Nyscersul

Attached Files:

2. nyscersul

nyscersul

The editor log details multiple attempts on multiple ports failing. In the range of 5xxxx
    seems as if the process may be failing to start altogether? Its a node.js server, is it java based? Im not running java? Does this constitute the possible error or is it supposed to be running it?

Aside from anything else that doesnt make sense, as it was running fine, and then this happened out of the blue. Then, it fixed itself for one load, and then failed again.

[Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [44] seconds
    [Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #2

[Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 54298 was selected
    Setting up noproxy from UNITY_NOPROXY environment variable. Setting to: localhost
    Setting up noproxy from UNITY_NOPROXY environment variable. Setting to: localhost
    [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [10] seconds
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #3

[Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 54299 was selected
    [Package Manager] Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server
    [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [10] seconds
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #4

[Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 54300 was selected
    [Package Manager] Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #5

[Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 54301 was selected
    [Package Manager] Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process. This is most likely due to a proxy or firewall configuration. Make sure the process [C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2.19f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager.exe] is reachable via HTTP on the IP address 127.0.0.1.

3. nyscersul

nyscersul

Please help... Im wasting so much time i just want to get back to work. :(

4. felipemunoz_unity

felipemunoz_unity

Unity Technologies

Would it be possible to know what environment variables you have in your machine?
    I want to try to reproduce locally and perhaps there is something there that could be causing issues.
    I also remember seeing an issue similar to this when NODE_OPTIONS was set as an env var

5. nyscersul

nyscersul

Its the one mentioned in the editor log.(only)

UNITY_NOPROXY = localhost

6. nyscersul

nyscersul

[UPDATE]
    Have been researching the abilities of windows defender, and it would appear that there is a capability to block folders from access, and it could possibly be causing the unity to be limited. I am unsure, and to figure this out i have instead installed the editor first by changing the installation path in unity hub, such that it goes to one of my harddrives which has no controls, and if this fails to help i will try uninstalling the hub and all installs, and replacing it there.

Ill let you know once the install is complete.

7. nyscersul

nyscersul

No luck... still failing to access the server when installed to a different drive.

8. nyscersul

nyscersul

Kinda waiting on some help now before i can continue any work in unity... If i can submit any extra info to help...

9. felipemunoz_unity

felipemunoz_unity

Unity Technologies

Can you try if the following fixes your issue please?
    UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  10. nyscersul

nyscersul

I have already added that variable... But due to the unclear explanations in the other thread, it seems i added it incorrectly, so, for others, lets state it as clearly as possible :D

Create a System Environment Variable,
    called "UNITY_NOPROXY"
    with the value of "localhost, 127.0.0.1"
    (Both are without the "")
    And then its definitely understandable.

(I had done it, but my value was just "localhost".)

Thanks felipe! And, thanks to your team... Unity rocks :D

11. felipemunoz_unity

felipemunoz_unity

Unity Technologies

Glad to know it unblocked you! I'll make a note to check the documentation around that variable with the team to make sure it is as clear as possible :)

Cheers!