Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Package manager Packages Nonupgradeable

Discussion in '2021.1 Beta' started by Soaryn, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Soaryn

Soaryn

Most if not all packages in the package manager show that the only version available is the one that is installed.

An example is that the HDRP 10.1 is available for 2020.2.0b8+ and the editor warns that there is a newer version, but the package manager only shows v8.1
    upload_2020-10-22_18-5-44.png

Burst and Timeline are the only two that seem to have other versions available.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @Soaryn,

There is still work going on on that end. Please excuse the state of this for the moment. Manually adding the packages to the manifest is the recommended workaround for now.

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I discussed this a bit on the Unity Discord already but I imagine there are two things going on here right now:

1) Unity wants to move more packages to Unity core, basically ship only select version for that engine version by default and if you want to change it, you have to change the manifest manually (either via text editor or use "add git package" -route from PM and just put the name of the package there). More about packages as part of Unity core here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/wha...nity-with-scriptable-render-pipelines.924218/.
    afaik this also isn't new to 2021.1 but also can be seen on latest 2020.2 betas already as it ships with more packages included by default.

2) Current alpha hasn't really gotten updated packages yet since it's still so early. For SRPs and 2021.1, we'd expect to use 11.x packages which aren't available yet. in fact Unity only yesterday bumped the master branch on Graphics repo to 11 (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics/pull/2294)

Of course for the time being starting with 10.x series rather than 8.x on 2021.1 would be better regardless

4. andybak

andybak

Is there anything more recent than 10.1.0?

I presume that's the version that's meant to be for 2020.2 (rather than a new package for 2021.1?

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I'd expect to see 11.x packages in few months / next year.

FernandoMK likes this.