Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Package Manager not updating pre-release packages

Discussion in '2021.1 Beta' started by lkewis, Jan 30, 2021.

1. lkewis

lkewis

I am trying to install XR Interaction Toolkit in 2021.1.0b4.1811. Enabling Pre-release Packages in Project Settings > Package Manager does not update list even when I manually refresh. This works as expected in 2020.2. Should the list update still with the new system or is the XR Interaction Toolkit package now hidden?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @lkewis,

Thanks for flagging this. I've reached out to the devs.

3. chris-massie

chris-massie

Unity Technologies

There is a bug that is preventing XR Interaction Toolkit from appearing in 2021.1 even when you enable to show pre-release packages. We are currently in the process of fixing this, but in the meantime if you would like to add that package to your project, you will need to follow the instructions for adding a package by name to add
    com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit

You can also manually edit your project's
    manifest.json
    file by following these steps:

Open
    <Project Folder>/Packages/manifest.json
    in Notepad, and add this under the dependencies section with all the other packages:
    "com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit": "1.0.0-pre.2",

Omit the trailing comma if it is the last entry in that list. Then open the project again in Unity and you should see XR Interaction Toolkit in the Package Manager.

EDITED post to add steps to add the package by name using the Package Manager window.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    macaroni_scrub2004 and DenisB13 like this.
  4. DenisB13

DenisB13

Thanks chris-massie...I spent 2 hours trying to figure this out until I came across your answer) appreciate

macaroni_scrub2004 likes this.
  5. macaroni_scrub2004

macaroni_scrub2004

You are the best

6. dbugger

dbugger

Apparently it is not only XR interactions. I am having trouble seeing any pre-release package at all! I had to manually include "com.unity.game-foundation": "0.9.0-preview.3" in the manifest myself.

7. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

I can t see any pre-release package if I enable the pre-release package in the latest 2021.3.1f1For example Recoder

qstrinati-imaging likes this.
  8. chris-massie

chris-massie

Unity Technologies

The 4.0.0 pre-release version of the Recorder package is only available in Unity version 2022.1+, so you will need to upgrade your Unity version if you want to try that version.

Unity changed the way packages are discoverable in version 2021.1+. Each package must be explicitly labeled by Unity as discoverable to be available in the Package Manager window even if you enable the Enable Pre-release Packages option in the Package Manager project settings. The Remote Config package is one such package that has a pre-release version available in Unity 2021.3.1f1 that becomes available if you enable that option, with 3.0.0-pre.15 and the recommended 2.1.2 versions.

The XR Interaction Toolkit package missed the cutoff date to be included as discoverable in the Package Manager window in Unity 2021.x, so if you want to install it in that Editor version, you will unfortunately need to use the Add package by name option. We're working to hopefully get an exception to include it in a future 2021 version. It is discoverable in Unity 2022.1+.