Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Package Manager not showing on the menu

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by georgeq, Sep 12, 2018.

1. georgeq

georgeq

After upgrading a project from 2018.2 the package manager disappears from the menu, you need to restart Unity in order to have access to it.

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @georgeq,

Can you tell me which beta version you have installed? And you were coming from which version of 2018.2? We will try to reproduce on our end.

Thank you for reporting!

Regards,

Pascal

3. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Hellow, okcompute_unity, this is random bag - on my new text project i activate packages & on one from list window has been closed & reopened blank. one project bebore this effect is not be look

4. georgeq

georgeq

Migrated from 2018.2.6f1 to 2018.3.0b1.

5. briank

briank

6. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

I had the same problem, I changed the version from 1.9.11 to 2.0.0 and it updated correctly.

7. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi all,

We aware of the issue. We are discussing ways to fix the problem. Temporary, the way to fix the problem is to close and restart Unity.

Let me know if this does not fix the issue. This may be another case that we did not know.

Regards,

Pascal

8. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hello @georgeq, @Gray_Master and @Carpe-Denius,

Our sincere apologies for running into this issue. Do you happen to recall having compilation issues before updating?

Let me know and thank you kindly,
    Pedro

9. georgeq

georgeq

No problem, I really don't remember, but I usually install new versions only when my project is in a stable situation and usually when I've had compilation issues is during the update process not before, and most of the times those issues are related to some preview package. So, don't take my word for it but most likely I didn't had any compilation issues before the update. Hope this helps.

10. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Understood, it does. Thanks @georgeq

We have an idea of what the issue is and are investigating as we speak. Thank you for reporting.

Cheers,
    P

11. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

I definitely didn't have compilation issues before, but I updated from the prefab preview and I had the staging packages repository active (since I didn't know that I shouldn't), so maybe it was a combination of that.

12. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Thanks for the information @Carpe-Denius, I'll give those steps a whirl!

Cheers,
    Pedro.

13. georgeq

georgeq

Thanks Pedro