Search Unity

Bug Package Manager not showing "My Registries" option in 2020.2.0b14

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by tomcarnevale, Dec 11, 2020.

1. tomcarnevale

tomcarnevale

I have one project in 2020.2.0b7 where I use scoped registries. I added this via project settings and the manifest.json file reflects this. in this project, going to the package manager shows "My Registries" from the dropdown and allows me to browse my registries in the GUI

I my new project, in 2020.2.0b14, I have the same set up. I go to project settings, add my scoped registry to the manifest, and go to package manager. The drop down does NOT list "My Registries". None of the selections show the packages, except where we manually added the package folders to our Packages folder.

I have recreated this in a fresh 2020.2.0b14 project. Create a new project, open Project Settings, add your registry, and open Package Manager to see that there is no "My Registry".

However, as long as the scoped registries are in the manifest, you can add your packages to the dependencies list and it will grab them just fine. So this is less of an issue of "My stuff doesnt work!" and more of an issue of usability, and also the appearance of non-function.

_slash_ and Favo-Yang like this.
  2. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

Hi! Thanks a lot for reporting it. I did some testing and it seems to have been broken between 2020.2.0b10 and 2020.2.0b12. I will report a bug to the Package Manager development team.

Thanks again!

Dufuduxxx likes this.
  3. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

My Registries is still gone in 2020.2.0f1

_slash_ likes this.
  4. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

Update: the development team found the source of the problem introduced after the release of 2020.2.0b10 and is working on a fix. You can still hardcode your scoped registry info and the packages your project needs in your project manifest. The bug is UI only.

NagaChiang and Favo-Yang like this.
  5. _slash_

_slash_

Is there an ETA for the UI issue? I heavily rely on scoped registries (own verdaccio server + open UPM).

Thanks

6. _slash_

_slash_

I'm not sure if it's related, but I have another issue with UPM, whenever I update a package, the install process is never released even if the package is installed and compiled. So the install and update buttons are greyed out (thinking the install process is not done). The only viable solution, for now, is to....restart the editor :cry

Thanks

7. Zenon-Skyline

Zenon-Skyline

Same problem here with "My Registries"
    Tried with the following Unity versions:
    • 2020.2.0f1 - Fail
    • 2020.1.17f1 - Fail
    • 2019.4.16f1 - Success

8. _slash_

_slash_

@Zenon-Skyline Same results on my end. I'm trying out 2020.2.1f1 right now.. I'll let you know

EDIT: Still not solved in 2020.2.1f1

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  9. manuelgoellnitz

manuelgoellnitz

I can confirm this in 2020.2.1f1!

Automatton likes this.
  10. andysaia

andysaia

We just ran into this bug in 2020.2.1f1 as well. This is a pretty big issue for us any information on when we'll get a fix?

11. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

It should be fixed in the next release of 2020.2.x. Sorry for the holidays delay.

_slash_ likes this.
  12. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

The bug is not in 2020.1 as it was introduced between 2020.2.0b10 and 2020.2.0b12.

13. jaimelugo

jaimelugo

I was going crazy searching for solutions and now I see this is a bug.

Is there any way to manually add the dependencies? - I am struggling to install different google firebase packages into one build (Auth + Firestore + Storage).

14. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

You can still manually add the desired scoped registry package(s) in the dependencies object of your project manifest.

15. manuelgoellnitz

manuelgoellnitz

Still not fixed in 2020.2.2f1
    That bug is really annoying...

16. jfperusse_bhvr

jfperusse_bhvr

I confirm the bug is not fixed in 2020.2.2f1 for us either.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

It is so disappointing to see that this STILL isn't fixed in 2020.2.2f1.

After 4 releases I'm left wondering if it was intentionally removed, or if the team that owns this feature really doesn't care enough to mark it as a ship blocker. The fact that such a major feature can slip through QA at all is hard to believe. This should obviously be a SEV! We're talking about an official release here, not some beta release nobody uses...

vipultyagi386 likes this.
  18. _slash_

_slash_

I don't understand how this can still be a bug 4 releases later? Is there a reason?

19. _slash_

_slash_

Unfortunately, it's still not in 2020.2.2f1.

Can I ask if there is still no in-between asking on forums or paying 2k$/m for support?
    If not IMO you should have an indie version of the support for a few hundred rather than 2k.

I literally lost days because of features that are not done and would love to have a way to reach out to Unity in those cases.

Thanks

20. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

Development for 2020.2.2f1 was closed when the PR was reviewed, tested and approved. Bad timing. Fix will be part of the next one. I am sorry

AdamBebko, _slash_ and Dufuduxxx like this.
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yay, I can confirm it's fixed in Unity 2020.2.3f1!

Thanks @hbonin

_slash_, AdamBebko, jaimelugo and 2 others like this.
  22. maazshaikh1711

maazshaikh1711

I'm getting the same issue in 2020.3.2f1.
    What to do?

23. vignesh211

vignesh211

@maazshaik1711
    [WorkAround]
    1.Use any other version of unity where package manager works as you desired(My registry showing up in the package manager).
    2.Install the required packages.
    3.Now go copy the manifest file in the package folder (other unity versions) and replace the manifest file in the 2020.3.2f1.

Manifest file- UnityProjectName/Packages/manifest

That's the workaround i have been using for now.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    MaazAhmadSatti likes this.
  24. MaazAhmadSatti

MaazAhmadSatti

Thanks

25. AmmarT

AmmarT

Not Showing in my version of unity in 2020.3.20f1

26. codewing

codewing

Same with 2020.3.23f1

27. Martinez-Vargas

Martinez-Vargas

Not Showing in my version of unity in 2020.3.23f1

28. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

Hi guys,
    I tried to repro in 2020.3.23f1.
    1) Make sure at least one package matches the scope(s) configured in your scoped registry.
    2) If My Registries menu still don't show up, try adding another, dummy scope, hit Apply, and remove the added scope, hit Apply. ‍♂️

I will speak to the development team though as I was able to repro once but at some point My Registries menu suddenly appeared and I was able to see my scoped registry packages matching the configured scope(s).

29. erikbystrom

erikbystrom

I experienced this exact problem with 2022.1.0b6. The menu item re-appeared when I changed the registry multiple times. I did things like remove all spaces, only lowercase, adding / to the end of the URL. But I can't manage to reproduce.....

30. Syganek

Syganek

I think the issue might be connected to another one that I have.

Sometimes I get the error that Package Manager can't update my packages and I need to sign in/out from the Unity account.

I've added a registry, the menu was missing, noticed that I got the error mentioned above so logged in/out added it once again and the My Registries menu appeared.

Maybe instead of fixing the appearing of My Registries - as it appears to be an ongoing problem - change it's behaviour so it's always visible but if there arent any registries it simply show "Empty" :)

AdrianRio and erikbystrom like this.
  31. erikbystrom

erikbystrom

After a lot of trial and error it seems like the problem is that if UPM do not find any packages matching the scope on the registry, it will not show the menu item. This is completely backwards and tricks user into searching for problems in all the wrong places.

aliozan7 likes this.
  32. ExodusOTH

ExodusOTH

In extension from @erikbystrom's note, Unity also throws no errors, nor warnings, if no "C:/Users/Me/.upmconfig.toml" has been configured. It simply doesn't show the "my registries" option, despite the registry being set in the Project Settings -> Package Manager -> Scoped Registries config.

33. ChrisVMC

ChrisVMC

Just had a similar problem. The root cause being I wasn't logged into Unity (for whatever reason it wasn't registering I was logged in, possibly because I was launching via command line with -enablePackageManagerTracescd to try and debug my private registry setup).

I had one remaining non-specific auth error in the logs that I thought was my registry setup (because it's using a proxy to get upm working with azure artifacts).

Low and behold, after half a day I realised the last error was due to Unity not being logged in rather than any of the private registry stuff. But I couldn't tell because the error didn't tell me what auth was failing and there was no indication in the package manager that my private registry connection was OK.

Private registry connection/visibility in the package manager UI should not rely on being logged into Unity.

aliozan7, megame_dev and jakoblacour like this.
  34. jakoblacour

jakoblacour

That helped me!

35. raghunathmestry

raghunathmestry

I think I got a answear I am working with unity 2021.3.21 and I got same problem. It is due to for unity interface bug so I do sum stuff. I open Package Manager and goto the right hand side option of it. Add Tab->profiler. it is added new tab at package manager but you can close it. we do it for refresh UI of Package Manager. And now you can get My registory.

Attached Files:

Yamity likes this.
  36. Yamity

Yamity

I'm using unity 2021.3.13. I reproduced the same issue and solved it by way of this message. Thanks!

37. Seaky

Seaky

Still not getting My Registries in Unity 2023.1.17

IgorTecnalia and rebbilib like this.