Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Package Manager not Loading and causing Network issues

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by OliverVSmith, Jan 14, 2020.

1. OliverVSmith

OliverVSmith

Over the last few days in both f3 and f5 I have been experiencing a very peculiar issue that I’m still not 100% convinced can be real.

When I launch a project, it attempts to resolve the packages. If I have the package manager open in the UI from the last time I closed the editor it seems that my computers network connection will become broken. I switch to another NIC on my PC and the same happens again. The NIC’s then aren’t usable again until I restart my PC.

I have just observed this happening when I attempted to update the com.unity.settings-manager package in the JSON file whilst the editor was closed. This would result in a failure to open the package entirely.

I have also observed general hangs and the inability to view all packages properly.

2. OliverVSmith

OliverVSmith

I have not been able to reproduce this outside of my main project.
    I've attached the manifest file in case there's something obviously wrong here.

Attached Files:

3. OliverVSmith

OliverVSmith

The most bizzare thing, after opening another project, and then opening this one, it seems to have (at least temporarily) have been resolved. I'll get a log from the editor next time it happens