Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Package Manager Lost after importing new particle effects from asset store

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Pr0x1d, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Pr0x1d

Pr0x1d

Hey I tried to import the new effects and then it wanted me to change .net to older version and other stuff. After it being done it deleted the HDRP and package manager can't be open even if the package manager UI is still in packages. Thanks

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The particle effects were made with the built-in renderer and are incompatible with HDRP. The reason the package manager UI won't open is due to a problem with non-compiling scripts that we have yet to fix.

3. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Pr0x1d,

Can you share which beta version you gave you this error? And could you also share the *editor.log* content?

Thank you very much!

Pascal

4. Pr0x1d

Pr0x1d

Thanks for the response, @LeonhardP. @okcompute_unity Its in 2018.3.0b1. Couldn't send as .log. Not sure if u find something, I tried to fix it but failed so I just copied assets to new project.

Attached Files:

LeonhardP likes this.
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks for your help!
    For future references, submitting a bug report via the bug reporter and then referencing the issue ID here is the preferable way of getting this information across and into our system. Logs are automatically attached.

6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

7. Pr0x1d

Pr0x1d

@LeonhardP , @okcompute_unity I reproduced it and submit a bug report with all stuff like how to reproduce it etc.
    Send the case from the new project I made, the old one got even more mess after I tried to fix it.
    Case 1082451

Thanks for your help, hopefully the effects will be done until the christmas, would like to have them in the project, will also be avalible for everybody to see how to make photorealistic graphics.

LeonhardP likes this.
  8. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

This is really appreciated @Pr0x1d!

Pascal