Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Package Manager Load all function not working (Case 1287445)

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Lars-Steenhoff, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Any have the same problem?

When I press load all the assets are not all loaded but only 25 of them

The dropdown is also on the wrong position

2. florianhanke

florianhanke

I have a similar issue in 2021.1.b4, only for My Assets.

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 12.39.40.png

Only "Load" is clickable and loads. "All" is a bit offset in a wonky way and does nothing. However, when pressing "Load", the remaining 9 packages are loaded.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks for sharing your finding

Your total assets are 34, its loading 25 eachtime instead of all, so the remaining 9 makes sense in your example

Its good to see other people have the same issue

florianhanke likes this.
  4. florianhanke

florianhanke

It's not the same issue, I think – but the same area. For me it's just the wonky interface (which for you is much more pronounced, I just noticed).

5. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Yes the interface is out of alignment by a lot, I'm pretty sure that will be fixed in the next release, my concern is mostly about the "load all" not doing what it should. ( I have a lot of assets thats why its a big issue for me )
    And this is been an issue since a couple of releases and QA could not reproduce it on their system, therefore I look for other people who have this same bug.

6. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I don't get the UX on this button at all.. why is this designed so backwards that it needs buttons like these in the first place? Instead it could just load all once, cache it and then when you open it again, update the entries in the background (and inform user it's refreshing so people don't assume they are looking at the most recent listing).

Alternatively, just let me load all by default and wait for it to load it all if former is not possible for whatever reason. This could be a setting in editor preferences, so you could let people load 25 items at once who want that and let people load everything if they wish to do so.

Slashbot64 and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  7. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

You read my mind :)

Do you also have the load all not working @rz_0lento ?

8. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

It takes time to load but it does load all 356 packages I have on my assets atm.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  9. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks, I wonder if its in my case because I have 1938 assets, and that there is some kind of timeout that stop them all from being loaded

florianhanke likes this.
  10. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Its working now in the latest version, the only thing left that I would love to see it the list is loaded all at once and the items that are outside the scrollview start to be cached so that when scrolling there is no delay to load the assets.