Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Package Manager is not loading login button OR showing list

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by darkgriffin, Jan 24, 2022.

1. darkgriffin

darkgriffin

Hi, I just get the following error when opening the package manager. It looks like this, which according to the manual isn't a state it should even be able to end up in.

Capture.PNG

I am logged into Unity Hub 3.0.0, this is how I get this far in the first place.
    I also tried logging into the website shop for assets, that works fine.

However the package manager just loads up like the above.

In the error logs are the following errors:

Capture2.PNG

However as you can see from the first screenshot, it's impossible for me to "sign out and sign in again" as the error suggests. Because there is no login interface loading into the package manager, where the setting is supposed to display if no login is valid.

My Unity Editor version is 2020.3.16f1

As far as I know, none of my external files have changed since I ran Unity on Friday, however I don't exactly live in front of my PC on the weekends. The network and store for Unity assets works fine, it's just this editor interface that is failing to see anything. The other categories of resources such as "Unity Registry" or "In Project" work as before. Though they obviously are not as useful as being able to access my asset collection, lol!

This worked JUST FINE only last Friday when I checked before clocking out of my work. What went wrong and how do I get the package manager to show my library of stuff again?

EDIT: To be clear, I am referring to the "fix login" help documentation here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-errors.html#Errors
    The page says that the interface should have a login button, but it seems the package manager is stuck somewhere between "having no internet error" and "displaying the login or allowing the user to relogin".

I have tried closing and reopening both the hub and editor, the result is still the above.

For additional information: My local assets I have chosen to download seem still intact in the download folder and I can manually add to a project, however I no longer can update them without the package manager interface working. So it's still a bit mission critical to fix this issue.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  2. darkgriffin

darkgriffin

Hi, update time!

I noticed my Unity Hub had an upgrade to version 3.0.1 this evening. I upgraded to that version, and suddenly everything is logging in as normal.

So to anyone else who encounters the above, try upgrading your Unity Hub to the latest version. The HUB, not the EDITOR. It appears that the hub program is the one actually handling the login information/cookie/whatever the editor is looking for. Log into the new hub and quit and reboot the editor.

The red error about not being logged in was not very intuitive. The documentation needs to be updated as well, since the login is now managed under the EDIT menu.

If you are using the hub to manage your Unity logins, the actual "log into account" feature is actually in the editor menu under EDIT > Sign In. This will launch back into the hub program, and from there you can fix the login. If the menu shows EDIT > Sign Out instead, and Sign In is greyed out, then you should be good to go.

I should mention the old 3.0.0 HUB version did not show anything wrong with my login during this time. So trust the editor error about your account and upgrade the HUB. Don't trust an old HUB version showing you are logged in, as the package manager won't use it.

Anyway, I hope this information helps others who might run into this issue. Good luck!

3. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Just ran into this issue today. I have the latest version of the Unity hub and the most recent LTS as of yesterday.

I was able to go to Edit > Sign In... and then refresh My Assets in the Package Manager and it worked.

InfernoPancake and Graphicalgeek like this.
  4. KadirKaan414141

KadirKaan414141

Hello everyone I cant import my assets. I dont know what shol ı do for solve this problem