Search Unity

Package Manager Is Missing

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by daniel_7866, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Archi_16

Archi_16

move Manifest to other folder. open unity project and get a lot of errors. then close unity, remove newly created manifest, and bring back backup one. it should solve problems

2. naveinrex97

naveinrex97

THIS HELPED FATTY !! ThankYou !!!

3. darkhorse95

darkhorse95

Same thing happened to me. Any I fixed with Reset Packages to Default. I install probuilder previously, is it this what caused this issue of disappearance of the Package Manager Tab ?

4. true_warlock

true_warlock

Did all the suggestions and they didn't work. But thanks for the help. I have gone as far as completely remove all files, sub files, temp files, and registry files of Unity and Visual Studio. I did a clean install after purging registry and all that of the latest LTS version of Unity which is the 2019 version.

I now have done a completely clean install on a completely different drive because it was having other issues "for whatever reason," when trying to add modules like Visual Studio through the Hub

At first I though everything was fine, finally, but NOPE.

I decided to try and write out a simple script just for testing. I didn't have to go far to see another problem.

Visual Studios and the Editor are not communicating and I made sure VS was also installed in the Editor's Package Manager.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class Player : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     private Animator anim; //Animator here is not Highlighting.
    8. }
    'Animator' is not showing up in VS list and is not Highlighting as it should be, so even if i wrote out the rest as

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class Player : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    9.     private Animator anim;
    12.     void Start()
    13.     {
    15.     }
    17.     void Update()
    18.     {
    19.         anim.SetFloat("Horizontal", Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal"));
    20.         anim.SetFloat ("Vertical", Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical"));
    22.     }
    }
    All this will cause if saved is the file to telling me anim is not assigned. (As it is doing with a crap load of other scripts now). So how do I actually fix what Unity and Visual Studio seem to be having such a nervous break down over installing together, separately or whatever?

And no, I don't bother with using the "Report a Bug" thing on the editor since most the time that thing doesn't even work, like 90% of the time, when it has its periodic crashing issues. So I refuse to even fiddle with or deal with it.

I need to know if any updates have actually fixed these problems because I have been looking and haven't found any. This is annoying me so much and really trying to be nice but this is all really starting to rub me the wrong way as it feels like Unity is going backwards as it claims to be moving forwards in its usability.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  5. true_warlock

true_warlock

It wasn't pro-builder, it was actually an environment asset from Unity itself I had used before without issues.

6. tonylong87

tonylong87

Does anyone know how to solve this issue in 5.6.7?

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

We dropped support for 5.6.7 long ago - you may want to jump up to 2018.x/2019.x/2020/.x

8. true_warlock

true_warlock

Yeah tired of this. Going back Unity 2018.4.7. And as a recommendation for Unity, before you slap on more bloat, maybe completely repair the Editor and stop having it spread so many files throughout the computer like its a cancer.

All these files all over the place is one of the major issues here. Having to go back constantly to manually remove everything left after an uninstall from registry, %AppData%, %ProgramData%, Programs, Temp etc. is well beyond ridiculous.

If you guys are having such a hard time trying to figure out "Why" everyone is having issues, maybe techs need to do 4 things;

• Get Rid of the Hub
    • Roll back the Editor to when we didn't have to rely on that garbage because it was a step backwards, not forwards.
    • Get rid of the files being loaded all over the place because it DOES NOT make the engine work better.
    • Listen to people when they tell you things are NOT resolved on their end and stop acting like its because end users (who have been using the Engine since 4.5) don't know what they are talking about.
    PS. Your send bug report/crash notice has never worked right and your website is broken also and needs a major overhaul.

And you need to listen to us long time users. Even those who teach how to use the editor have been reporting problems using the Hub or trying to fix it and the Editor, or getting other additional nonsense like Editor didn't install completely, etc. etc. and even with the help of students can't solve the problems, regardless if they are using Mac, Windows or Linux.

This is making Competitors look a lot better and even though such require having to relearn a lot, its beginning to look like the only useful solution at this point.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  9. DerDicke

DerDicke

Have the same problem with Unity 2019.4.
    Imported some art work from asset store:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/fantasy/dwarf-bedvar-179578

Says there were dependencies... imported these. Getting lots of these errors:
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.8\Editor\AssemblyInfo.cs(7,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UxmlNamespacePrefixAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Deleted art work. Still getting these errors. If I try to compile I get:
    warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

Searched for Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor in the package manager. Got nothing. Where to find Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor?

Found:
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.8\Editor\Unity.PackageManagerUI.Editor

What's going on here?

Thanks.

10. DerDicke

DerDicke

Version Control saved my issue... but art work not usable for me.
    EDIT: Art works without any 'dependencies' from funny package manager thinggy.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  11. true_warlock

true_warlock

Wish you guys at Unity would just give up on the dang Hub. It was a step backwards. We can directly download Editor installers and packages. But doing so through the Hub only does one of 4 things....fails to download, downloads but is corrupted, is stuck in constant never ending perpetual install, or if it gets installed half the functions from the modules refuse to be installed and then everything breaks down after a few days to a week of usage. Please for the love of end users and the Indie game industry, GET RID OF THE HUB. IT does not matter "what" version you all have released. Its always garbage! Great that you guys test on "Windows all the time." But don't you think with the hundreds of thousands of complaints you might want to not just poo poo us and get rid of the garbage we been pleading with you since you first reintroduced it to NOT use it? This is why.

DerDicke likes this.
  12. true_warlock

true_warlock

PS... as a point of reference and not wishing to "Spam", even if we directly download and apply all the modules, and use the whole Security permissions bit, we end up with things like this, and PS, your automatic popup for bug reporting....it still sucks and has not worked for me for many years now on any system. Note no modules showing up. No point of even opening anything else.

Attached Files:

13. Kayumus

Kayumus

Please ensure you have read and write permissions in:

What do you mean "read and write permissions" ?

14. Kayumus

Kayumus

Hello SIr,

I have same problem. I open new project but Package Manager is blank.
    This is my log file below:
    upload_2021-1-25_17-30-17.png

Attached Files:

• Logs.rar
      File size:
      160.7 KB
      Views:
  15. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

If you run the editor/hub in Administrator mode, do you still get these errors? The suggestion here is that your operating system is not giving you sufficient privledges to read and/or write to this location on your disk.

Kayumus likes this.
  16. Kayumus

Kayumus

Yes I tried to run it in admin mode. It does not work.
    here is my logs
    upload_2021-2-2_9-33-5.png

17. elic88

elic88

Same here: Package Manager shows an empty popup even in a new project (Unity 2019) , tried suggestions in this thread with no luck

* tried to remove unity ./ unity hub completely and reinstalled and still doesn't show package manager details in the window

* this same project works on my other pc fine with package manager (using git to manage project)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Kayumus likes this.
  18. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Could you both please DM me your editor.log files so I can flag these internally?

Kayumus likes this.
  19. Kayumus

Kayumus

I roll back my video card drivers. Intel latest drivers was F***up. Older version driver solved my issue.
    Thank you for your help.

20. Nishanth1445

Nishanth1445

how do i download package manager because its missing in my unity i am using unity 5.6.7f1

21. You don't. Package Manager was added in the 2018 version, no earlier version is supported AFAIK.

UnityMaru likes this.
  22. adarshdesai

adarshdesai

hey i don t have package manager or reset package option in the window.
    i am using unity 2017.4.40f1

23. bobisgod234

bobisgod234

The post literally right above yours addresses your issue.

24. RamtinGholizadeh

RamtinGholizadeh

25. smailessaadi

smailessaadi

I had the same issue, i have deleted unity folders in Appdata and i restarted unity and it works