Search Unity

Package Manager Is Missing

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by daniel_7866, Sep 19, 2018.

1. peruwiadomo

peruwiadomo

Same here just upgrade from 2018 to 2019 and all my projects are broken with no access to package manager

2. TrueJollyRoger

TrueJollyRoger

Okay. After few futile attempts I finally got package manager back.
    It looks like it depends on your current situation and something that worked for me may not work for others and visa versa.
    My case:
    Upgrade from 2018 to 2019 for an old project.
    Package Manager gone and console explode with 96 errors about PM.

Deleting Library and all content of Packages folders, however it took 2 attempts.

3. daniel_lochner

daniel_lochner

This worked for me, thanks! :)

4. bbyford

bbyford

this worked for me having a similar issue - no package manager And missing unity packages. Thank you!

-> Help / reset packages to default

cgrow67 likes this.
  5. kokimoki

kokimoki

+1 ,... worked for me ,...

6. Awkin

Awkin

How did you go about doing this? What did you unblock in the firewall for example?

7. Lynxed

Lynxed

2019.1 package manager does not show preview packages. How do i turn them on?

8. shane-icelander

shane-icelander

I had the same issue after I started a new project. I traced it down to a problem with the path of the location of the project being too long. I had copied a project from one location to another and the new location was several folders deep. I will report that as a possible bug. Once I moved the project to a top level location the package manager showed up and worked properly. I noticed that when I was deleting the folders located in PackageCache under the Library folder (\Library\PackageCache), and tried to copy the files from another working project that was newly created, and not several nested folder down, I was getting an error stating the destination path was too long. That is what led me to discover the path issue. I was using Unity 2018.3.8f1 and Windows 10.

9. pitibonom

pitibonom

2018.3.xx ---> 2019.bleh.S***

ahahahah 217 errors !
    TMP
    shadergraph
    errr.... don't remember the others....

all errors due to S***ty addons badly integrated !
    seriouly, U3D team....

hopefully unity has become free !

Anyway i stay a U3D lover. but stayin on my 2018 version.

ah... also...

No way i waste time submitting bugrep or anything because of uncompetencies ;)
    so plz don't ask :)

Happy unitying !

cgrow67 likes this.
  10. dienat

dienat

I installed Unity 2019.1 and still doesnt show package manager, i tried to delete Packages folder, also "Reset packages to default", restarting Unity but nothing works. The manifestjson shows just this
    "
    {
    "dependencies": {}
    }
    "

11. ScottHerz

ScottHerz

Same. Decided to give 2019 a go. I needed to add the OpenVR stuff and there was no package manager window to do so :(

12. kilik128

kilik128

got this

ArgumentException: Can not deserialize (UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.VoronoiNode), type is invalid
    UnityEditor.Graphing.SerializationHelper.Deserialize[T] (UnityEditor.Graphing.SerializationHelper+JSONSerializedElement item, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] remapper, System.Object[] constructorArgs) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.shadergraph@6.5.3/Editor/Data/Util/SerializationHelper.cs:103)
    UnityEditor.Graphing.SerializationHelper.Deserialize[T] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] list, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] remapper, System.Object[] constructorArgs) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.shadergraph@6.5.3/Editor/Data/Util/SerializationHelper.cs:153)
    UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter:GenerateAssetData(AssetImportContext)

{
    "m_GuidSerialized": "e5a5a46e-1527-4157-b887-13d73e74387f",
    "m_Name": "Voronoi",
    "m_DrawState": {
    "m_Expanded": true,
    "m_Position": {
    "serializedVersion": "2",
    "x": -2381.567138671875,
    "y": -1728.0235595703125,
    "width": 208.0,
    "height": 326.0
    }
    },
    "m_SerializableSlots": [
    {
    "typeInfo": {
    "fullName": "UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.UVMaterialSlot"
    },
    "JSONnodeData": "{\n \"m_Id\": 0,\n \"m_DisplayName\": \"UV\",\n \"m_SlotType\": 0,\n \"m_Priority\": 2147483647,\n \"m_Hidden\": false,\n \"m_ShaderOutputName\": \"UV\",\n \"m_StageCapability\": 3,\n \"m_Value\": {\n \"x\": 0.0,\n \"y\": 0.0\n },\n \"m_DefaultValue\": {\n \"x\": 0.0,\n \"y\": 0.0\n },\n \"m_Labels\": [\n \"X\",\n \"Y\"\n ],\n \"m_Channel\": 0\n}"
    },
    {
    "fullName": "UnityEditor.ShaderGraph.Vector1MaterialSlot"
    },
    "JSONnodeData": "{\n \"m_Id\": 1,\n \"m_DisplayName\": \"Angle Offset\",\n \"m_SlotType\": 0,\n \"m_Priority\": 2147483647,\n \"m_Hidden\": false,\n \"m_ShaderOutputName\": \"AngleOffset\",\n \"m_StageCapability\": 3,\n \"m_Value\": -2.6700000762939455,\n \"m_DefaultValue\": 2.0,\n \"m_Labels\": [\n \"X\"\n ]\n}"
    },
    {
    },
    "JSONnodeData": "{\n \"m_Id\": 2,\n \"m_DisplayName\": \"Cell Density\",\n \"m_SlotType\": 0,\n \"m_Priority\": 2147483647,\n \"m_Hidden\": false,\n \"m_ShaderOutputName\": \"CellDensity\",\n \"m_StageCapability\": 3,\n \"m_Value\": 6.0,\n \"m_DefaultValue\": 5.0,\n \"m_Labels\": [\n \"X\"\n ]\n}"
    },
    {
    },
    "JSONnodeData": "{\n \"m_Id\": 3,\n \"m_DisplayName\": \"Out\",\n \"m_SlotType\": 1,\n \"m_Priority\": 2147483647,\n \"m_Hidden\": false,\n \"m_ShaderOutputName\": \"Out\",\n \"m_StageCapability\": 3,\n \"m_Value\": 0.0,\n \"m_DefaultValue\": 0.0,\n \"m_Labels\": [\n \"X\"\n ]\n}"
    },
    {
    },
    "JSONnodeData": "{\n \"m_Id\": 4,\n \"m_DisplayName\": \"Cells\",\n \"m_SlotType\": 1,\n \"m_Priority\": 2147483647,\n \"m_Hidden\": false,\n \"m_ShaderOutputName\": \"Cells\",\n \"m_StageCapability\": 3,\n \"m_Value\": 0.0,\n \"m_DefaultValue\": 0.0,\n \"m_Labels\": [\n \"X\"\n ]\n}"
    }
    ],
    "m_PreviewExpanded": true
    }
    UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter:GenerateAssetData(AssetImportContext)

13. kilik128

kilik128

i want troll wake up unity !

14. _watcher_

_watcher_

I have the same problem. Clicking "show preview packages" in U19.1.1f1 Package Manager (2.1.2) does not list (any new) packages (tested in fresh LWRP project, logged in).

My project location is short enough. Turning off firewall didn't work for me. No other solutions here worked for me. My other (older) project does show packages properly. Something to do with servers? (but then why only new project has this problem?)

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  15. _watcher_

_watcher_

All right Scott, and others, i figured the PackageManager doesnt work in certain unspecified cases (UnityHub 2.0 recent update?), notably i can see it not displaying packages in new LWRP 19.1.1f1 project at all for me. However in some of my older projects, it works fine. Im sure this will be fixed soon, but..

That's why I'll compile for you an up-to-date manifest.json file including all packages, so you can update your desired package "up to date" manually. Ill update this post shortly.

EDIT:
    @all: thats a LOT of packages! dont think ill have time to install all of them. If you have a particular package you need to add into your manifest.json to test but cant get it, let me know, ill drop you the line you need to add (including dependencies if any)

@ScottHerz "com.unity.xr.openvr.standalone": "1.0.5",
    OpenVR has no dependencies.

Youll find manifest.json in your "{ProjectName}\Unity\Packages\" folder. An example of how you'd add that line, so that Unity includes your package, is here. Unity re-downloads and recompiles packages automatically based on what you have in that file.

EDIT: You might wanna grab the package (or get the name) from staging instead, rather than ask for it here (but be careful, some of the packages there are different than what you'd get up-to-date from PackageManager x)
    https://bintray.com/unity/unity-staging/

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    ScottHerz likes this.
  16. lawura

lawura

I want to share my experience on same issue. Unity 2018.3.of2, installed with Visual Studio 2017 Community.
    Steps:
    1) Used unity package manager to install VectorGraphics 1.0.0. package
    2) Imported vector graphics
    3) Compiled
    4) downloaded MySql libraries + dependences via visual Studio Nugget Package manager
    5) Installed MySql libraries to unity project as plugins
    6) restarted unity
    7) changed folder of a vecor graphics file
    => 8) vector graphics package stopped working and accepting SVG files as valid sprites, package manager in unity missing
    9) deleted packages.xml file created by visual studio when installing libraries via Nugget
    10) Restart unity => package manager is back, as well, as functionality of vector graphics

17. riccireyes

riccireyes

Unity 2019.1.3f1, Unity Hub 2.0.0, Learn -> Resources -> Interactive 360 Sample Project. No joy. Attaching Editor.log. Please help. Thank you.

Attached Files:

18. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

Noting here is working, my project just suddenly became corrupt.

19. benoitv_unity

benoitv_unity

Unity Technologies

@riccireyes

I did get some errors when first opening the sample. But if I save the project, quit Unity and re-open the project, the errors go away. This a known issue when upgrading a project from an older version of Unity and that sample project was most created with an older version.

I know it is not ideal but at least there is workaround.

20. halley

halley

Hub is a disaster. Can't run a project because of 60 TextMeshPro errors, can't update TMP because there's no package manager, and I am not giving anything passwordless admin rights after the original installer finishes. And now Hub is required to access the Asset Store.

cgrow67 likes this.
  21. Qbit86

Qbit86

Same issue.

I'm migrating large old project from Unity 2017.4.22f1 to 2018.4.1f1, expecting pile of errors. The first one:
    Code (csharp):
    1. Assets/Standard Assets/ParticleSystems/Scripts/SmokeParticles.cs(9,16): error CS1070: The type `UnityEngine.AudioClip' has been forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced. Enable the built in package 'Audio' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.
    So I go to Window menu — but Package Manager is missing!

cgrow67 likes this.
  22. cgrow67

cgrow67

Yup, exactly the same thing.. TextMeshPro errors all over and I can't fix them because no package manager.
    I'm erasing stuff left and right hoping Git will save me..
    Maybe it's time to change computers..

23. cgrow67

cgrow67

Why is it that everything else shows up on the menu. However, the one item that controls my ability to compile code is missing??

24. cgrow67

cgrow67

Holly !@#$%... Unity 2018.4.1f1 blew the folder code folder away and still failing.. removed Packages, Library and cache folder under AppData\Local.. etc.. Then I started going backwards with Unity versions.. Unity 2018.4.0f1 worked and TMPro was found right away without needing package manager. Package manager is back on the menu. This is an epic fail release! I just thank god something worked and for Git to give me a safe code base.

Qbit86 and halley like this.
  25. idmirenmehdi

idmirenmehdi

26. ParyPro

ParyPro

27. COEzbay

COEzbay

The solution for us was to update the project to the latest release (I am a big fan of updateting everything to the latest version) and to reset the packages to the default settings (Help -> Reset Packages to defaults), reset the unity instance and there you go.

pedro_unity likes this.
  28. swapnesh

swapnesh

I had the exact same problem, Help->Reset Packages to defaults; worked for me for once but when I closed unity and reopened it the same console error is coming. Seems like every time I open unity I have to do Help->Reset Packages to defaults; before starting to work.

29. dienat

dienat

What worked in my case is go to AppData/Unity/Cache and delete the package manager folder, after that i could see the Package manager folder, in my case i did a downgrade from Unity 2019 to 2018

30. LecramGB

LecramGB

I still have this issue on 2019.1.2f1 fresh new projects.

I've tried reinstalling Unity, clearing the cache and the package folders, reinstalling Hub, installing extra VS modules, updating Windows, stopping anti-virus and firewall, and pretty much everything I've seen on this thread. Nothing seems to work.

2019.2 works fine, but I really need to work on .1 and I'm not able to.

The issue is always the same, although the error codes may change from time to time. Package Manager is missing from the UI, and console shows package errors, usually related to Timeline and TextMeshPro.

"Copying assembly from Temp/Unity.Timeline.dll" to "Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.dll" failed"
    "Copying assembly from Temp/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll" to "Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll" failed"

Also tried resetting packages to default (nothing) and reimporting all packages. Reimporting shows some extra info on what's happening (basically meta files being deleted), but the erorrs remain there.

upload_2019-9-16_17-49-31.png

I'm on Windows 10. I can attach any logs you want, if you specify which ones or where they are.

Thank you, I hope we can fix this.

31. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

@LecramGB
    Sorry to hear you have issues with Package Manager.

Unfortunately, the package manager window will disappear on 2019.1 if you have any error in your console.
    Therefore, to have it back, you need to get rid of the error(s).

From the screen shot you have sent, I would suggest to try and open your project manifest and remove Text Mesh Pro from your dependencies. The project manifest is under: `path/to/your/project/Packages/manifest.json`
    If you need Text Mesh Pro in your project, just try to add it back after from the Package Manager window.

32. Gobstar

Gobstar

I couldnt get the package manager to show then accidentally modified and saved the manifest json file with an extra comma. It would seem that modifying the file and breaking it allows the file to reappear. Then if you remove the comma added and save, its back to normal. Strange as deleting the file completely does nothing for me.

33. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

@Gobstar,
    modifying the manifest will trigger a recompilation. Sometimes, indeed, a recompilation is all you need to force the editor to change state.

34. Nalaria

Nalaria

None of the solutions here worked for me except this:

Solution: Deleted the package cache folder ( [my user directory]/AppData/Unity/cache )

35. CHOO5D2

CHOO5D2

Hi, package manager missing too after installing UDP.. but not sure if it is exactly linked to UDP

36. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

@CHOO5D2
    Which version of the editor are you using?
    Do you have compilation issues?

On older versions of the editor, if you have errors in the console, you need to fix those errors first. Once the compilation is fixed, then the Package Manager should appear again.

37. CHOO5D2

CHOO5D2

it is fixed now after i removed the unityads folder because i already have a ads package in my project.

38. ikv007s

ikv007s

Oh man it worked , THanks a lot after hours of stumbling towards the wish of starting unreal engine.

39. GottesSchaf

GottesSchaf

Got the same Issue with the "Asset Swap Tool" from the Asset Store.
    To get rid of the problem I wrote:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    2. #endif
    around the error scripts and it's building now perfectly fine. I guess the programmer of the tool forgot to write in into his code.
    The scripts that were included were:
    "UnpackNestedPrefab.cs", "SwapTool.cs" and "SwapShader.cs".
    Hope this will help someone if he/she is running into this.

40. davidnibi

davidnibi

Importing packages is a complete ballache in Unity. There hasn't been a package manager in my Unity for as long as I can remember and none of these solutions work. It doesn't help importing a new package brought up errors with the Analytics Manager and you can only remove it properly with the package manager.

Importing packages is convenient, but never works. We have to go round everyone's PC for various random errors in the console. We now just run a batch file that sticks everything in a RAR file - this works perfectly.

41. OwlBoy-

OwlBoy-

macOS - Unity 2017 to Unity 2018 upgrade.

Removing
    ‎/Users/USER/Library/Unity/cache/packages
    fixed it for me.

There was a lot of random old stuff in that folder for me.

42. OwlBoy-

OwlBoy-

Followup. That technique is not working now on another project.

This time removing PostProcessing from my Assets folder made Package Manager appear in the Window menu.

If you have an asset installed in your project that is now a package in the package manager, PM just gives up instead of offering help. It seems.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  43. Anaichka

Anaichka

Tried all the methods below. Nothing worked. I don't even have "Help->Reset Packages to defaults". In three Unity versions i've got installed no one has a Package manager, or Packages folder inside the project, or "Reset packages" in 'Help' section. Also there is no manifest.json. So, WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

44. waverz

waverz

That was a quick fix it for me Thanks :)

45. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Could you please specify which versions those were?

46. Sajid00

Sajid00

Issue Solved!
    Go to Edit>Project Settings>Player Next in Player Tab Open Other Settings> Configuration Change .Net 4X to Downgrade .Net 3.5 Equilalent (Deprecated) and then click on Restart. Now check Windows> Package Manager o_O

It will Solve 2 Problems. 1. "Package Manager" 2."All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter play mode"

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      46.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      48.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      44.9 KB
      Views:
  47. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello,

I did this, but the project does not open at all. it just crashes before opening... any other solution? :)

48. PNUMIA-Rob

PNUMIA-Rob

Just ran into this and was able to get over it by deleting the ~/AppData/Local/Unity/cache directory, after that the project resolved its dependencies and loaded as expected.

Hope this helps someone out =)

49. true_warlock

true_warlock

Basically I didn't have an issue till i tried downloading some assets. Then it went to hell. I went into my Registry after removing the editor, deleted any stored files with project names. Its really annoying having to deal with these sorts of set backs and not getting any help from the editor which should be designed to fix itself if something like this happens.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Qbit86 likes this.
  50. dafy14

dafy14

hi go to help and reset packages to defaults