Search Unity

Package Manager is missing on old project.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by BeastBurst, Dec 29, 2018.

1. BeastBurst

BeastBurst

I am using Unity 2018.3.0f2.

I have installed everything described here but still Package Manager is missing for my old project. I tried deleting the whole line `"com.unity.package-manager-ui": "2.0.3",` but still PM is missing.

When I create new fresh project PM is visible there, but this is not important for me. I need to make my old project running fine again. Can someone assist please ?

I have my editors log attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Maybe create a completely new project and, if the package manager is there, import your old project assets into the new project?

3. Willemvd

Willemvd

Same issue here - new projects have Package Manager but old ones dont - 2018.3.0f2.

4. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hello @VivasIndustries, @Willemvd,

That is not a great experience. Let me see if we can see what the issue is:

If you do this, you're explicitly removing the package manager ui from Unity, which will remove the UI and it will not longer appear.

I took a look at the logs and it seems you have no problem fetching from the registry ("[Package Manager] Done resolving packages in 0.22s seconds"), but you do seem to have compilation issues that are currently stopping the Package Manager UI to be properly compiled at load. This is a known issue, and under way, but I can't say when it will land.

There are two options that I can think of:
    • Resolve compilation issues (tmp seems to be loaded twice for example)
    OR
    • Backup your project (i would personally clone and rename just to make sure), under HELP tab, do RESET to PACKAGE defaults.
    Let me know if that helps.
    Cheers,
    Pedro
    Unity STE