Search Unity

Package Manager Health Check keeps failing and doesn't let Unity projects start

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by drew1306, Jul 30, 2020.

1. drew1306

drew1306

Hey everyone!

I just downloaded Unity a week ago in order to work on a summer engineering project and found that the Package Manager would keep freezing and crashing and give me the following error message below, for both the 2020.1 and 2019.4.5 versions.
    Unity 2020.1 error screen.JPG
    When I click on diagnose, the only check that fails is the health check, which says that the "Server exited unexpectedly. Exit code: 101." Attached below are the diagnostic report and both the upm.log and upm-diag.log.
    I have been reading through so many of these threads looking for solutions and after disabling my firewall, setting the proxies, and going through multiple uninstalls and reinstalls, I keep getting this message.

One solution that I did find was to go into the Advanced Project Settings in the Unity Hub (which can be found by clicking on the dots on the right side of the project) for the specific project I wanted to work and typing "-noUpm" in the console provided. This disables the package manager from starting at all and allows for Unity to actually open. However, by disabling the package manager, I am unable to access the built in assets that are usually provided, which is an issue for me now because I would really like to use said assets.
    I am at my wit's end about this and I just want the package manager to work for once, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Attached Files:

2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello @drew1306,

Sorry to see you are having this issue and thanks a lot for providing the logs. You have Unity under a folder that has an apostrophe character "Drew's Thinkpad". Unfortunately, we have a bug that is causing the problem you are having, the source is one of the libraries that the Package Manager uses.

A solution is to move the installation not under a folder with the apostrophe, move Unity outside of any folder under your windows profile, for what I can see from the report it is `C:\Users\Drew's Thinkpad\Desktop\Unity Hub\`.

We are working on a fix for this, sorry for the inconvenience.

Supi

3. drew1306

drew1306

Got it to work! Thank you so much for your help!

supita_unity likes this.
  4. ndrm

ndrm

hey i dont get it.. whats exactly you doing to fix this?